Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
hey everyone, we live west of the Dells and are looking to meet up with other riders. Where can I get details about the ride?
The Dells Ride is more of a weekend away than a specific ride. We have riders coming from Illinois and southeastern wisconsin. We usually converge at the TopHat motel in downtown Dells (Behind Nigs). It is a small mom and pop place we have been meeting at twice a year for at least 10 years now if not longer. They treat us like family and watch out for our bikes. Anyone and every brand of bike are welcome, although I am not sure it would be a wise place for children. Would love to meet up with you and any friends you may have in the area.

Friday is usually a slow trickle in of riders during the day with most arriving there by 3 o'clock after a day of riding north. We spend the evening catching up and meeting new friends. Dinner. walking to local bars or conversing in the parking lot of the motel. We choose not to drink and ride. Later in the night a few of the guys have been known to visit the local Gentlemens club.:shock:

Saturday is our day for a ride (weather permitting-riding in thunderstorms is just not fun) As far as routes go, that varies every year. We have done rides around wildcat mountain. we have ridden to devils lake and back. usually about a 2-3 hour tour. Last year seemed longer as we got stuck behind the parade for the classic car show. Most go to breakfast Saturday morning then meet at the motel for the midday ride. Saturday evening is more conversation, laughter and relaxation and maybe grilling in the parking lot again.
:pepper1::pepper1::pepper1:

Sunday is the day for heading home. Some leave earlier and some wander the shops before leaving. Always bittersweet. :cry:

The Dells ride has always been about getting away from reality and responsibilities of home for a bit. Most of us have children, some have grandchildren but all of us know how to relax and have fun. We are a respectful group with a few rough edges. We have a minister, a lawyer, several police officers, Medical professionals, mechanics, bankers, IT people, property management, CNC machinists...a mix of everything. Some of the best people you will ever meet.

Not sure if that helps but look forward to meeting new friends.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Can we get a shout out of who all is going to be able to make the ride? I have contacted George for a few rooms and have a call out to him for more. Just want to make sure we have everyone covered.

Confirmed So far:
David
Paco
Gersom
Javier and Iron Saints crew (Mike, Jack, Curt)
Ernie Q
Hector and Ginny and Guest
Sheri
Stan and Deb
Padre (friday-sat only)
Berto and Lisa (the newly engaged)
Chico and Carol
Steve
Jorge and Jessica

Maybe:
cdpete??
Ben?
John Lambert?
Reggie?
Travis and Jen?
Don and Sue - respectfully declined
JohnZ???(conflict with club ride?)

Did I miss anyone??????

·
Registered
617 Posts
Can we get a shout out of who all is going to be able to make the ride? I have contacted George for a few rooms and have a call out to him for more. Just want to make sure we have everyone covered.

Don and Sue?

Thanks for the invite, but the classic car traffic bums us out. We usually go to the Dells after the motel water parks open. Everyone have a great time at the Spring Dells Ride and watch out for the cagers. Kudos to Chrome Diva and the rest of the faithful crew who continue to make the ride a time-honored event.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just got off the phone with George. He is aware that 10 rooms are already spoken for by us. (There are 20 rooms available in the whole place) He said that Papa is going to be running the place this year instead of the boys so that someone is there more often. Phone company is set to come and re-connect the phone lines mid next week. As he said before Papa is holding the whole place for us. George did say that parking lot grilling would be okay again if we decide to do that again. Seemed to work well.

With that being said.....19 days and counting....

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Is it May 16th yet? Has anyone on the "maybe" list Sheri sent out a week ago decided if they're going to join us or not?

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I just got back from the Dells yesterday from a 4 day family vacation. The weather wasn't too bad on Saturday and Sunday. Monk's Burgers where tasty as always. Now, I can't wait to hang out with some good friends at the Dells.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Has anyone been able to get through to the Top Hat on the phone recently to book a room? I keep getting that rapid busy signal that usually means the phone isn't ringing on the other end.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Has anyone been able to get through to the Top Hat on the phone recently to book a room? I keep getting that rapid busy signal that usually means the phone isn't ringing on the other end.

See the posts above. I have spoken to George. Phones arent on yet. And yes we reserved a room for you. They have 12 rooms requested as of now.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Thanks, Sheri! You're the best! 9 days and counting!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thanks, Sheri! You're the best! 9 days and counting!

You are welcome Steve.

I did double check with George today. He said something about the cable provider running new lines in the area. The phones may not be on yet when we get there....and we may or may not have TV service. Just a heads up. They were given a two week window for completion. Irregardless, we have the whole place to ourselves. At this point, I believe 15 out of 20 rooms are spoken for. Plenty of space for more to join us last minute. One more week...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
One More Week!!!

Don't know if I can hang on 'till we're there!!!! Need something to tide me over. David, tell us about the Monk's burgers again, bro!!!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well, Paco, Gersom, Joaquin and Myself all made it home safe and sound. For me, it has not been easy these last 4 and a half months. But I wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for making me laugh, smile and just for a weekend, not think about what I am going through with my Cancer problem. You guys are what make me make everything possible to attend the Dells ride each year. Since the first time I met all of you, it has been nothing but the best of friends, and very welcoming. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I had an awesome time as always.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I made it back safely as well and hopefully my new riding buddies, Felix, Bennie and Lalo did as well. We rode the backroads back to IL and parted at Rt. 20 and 47 to head to our homes. A great day for riding with the sun shining and much warmer temps than we had Friday or Saturday. Hope the whole Wisconsin crew made it home safely as well.

Well, despite starting in a snowstorm with temps in the upper 30s on Friday, the trip turned out to be its usual, crazy, great time. We'll be talking about that start of the trip in the snow and scraping ice off windshields for many years to come, I'm sure, and that makes it all part of what makes our semi-annual jaunts to the Dells so much fun. Made some new friends with Felix, Lalo and Bennie joining the group, all three of whom told me they'd like to join us again. So much laughing at so many things, my sides were aching a lot.

I really, really hope we can find a way to get together sometime this summer before the fall ride, maybe at the Brat Stop or somewhere else in between.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Definitely a great time. Not sure what will make the trip more memorable... the weather, the room confusion, multiple keys, trying to figure out which heaters work, the hot water going out, the parking lot cooking, or the way we all laughed thru the madness.

It was, as always, a much needed break from the reality of life. The only thing I need to do now is learn Spanish before we do this again. lol.

And yes, we do need to get together before the fall ride. I heard comments about riding the Wisconsin roads. Maybe we can do a day ride that everyone can get in on. Any suggestions for areas to explore??? Not sure how long of a ride but maybe a "run for the river"? A nod to Skinny who started all this border crossing madness-maybe one of his favorite rides?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts