Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda is dipping its toe in the suddenly trendy scrambler waters, introducing a concept model based off of its CB650F and CBR650F platform. The CB Six50 Concept, like the CB4 roadster concept, is a design exercise from Honda R&D Europe presented at EICMA.

While the engine and frame appear identical to those on the production 650s, the CB Six50 adopts the prototypical scrambler garb of wire-spoke wheels, knobby tires and rising exhaust. A bash plate protects the four header pipes, which is a shame given their elegant design, but it’s a practical choice for a machine claiming off-road capability.

While models like Moto Guzzi‘s new V7 II Stornello or Triumph’s Scrambler seek a retro look, the CB Six50 has a very modern aesthetic. Eschewing the round headlight design of its competitors (including the Ducati Scrambler which also uses an LED), Honda opted for a rectangular headlight with a spartan-looking mounting that shows off rather than hides the routing of cables.

The motocross-style handlebar is mounted high above the triple clamp, and it’s here that Honda has attached a smartphone-sized digital display; no circular analogue dials on this scrambler.

The Six50’s seat looks very slender and rises up to a very minimalist tail. The ribbed seat is red, matching the bars that guard the radiator and extends up into a similar red stripe on the fuel tank.

Like the CB4, the CB Six50 is just a concept with no firm plans for a production model.

Follow the rest of our 2015 EICMA Show coverage for more information on new 2016 motorcycle announcements.

Read More Here: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/2015-eicma-honda-cb-six50-concept.html

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Honda needs to spend 1/10 of its time designing something a large cruiser rider might appreciate. I guess it's still left to HD, Victory, Indian, Kawasaki and Yamaha (new 1300 V-4 bagger coming out) for us to buy from....

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Honda needs to spend 1/10 of its time designing something a large cruiser rider might appreciate. I guess it's still left to HD, Victory, Indian, Kawasaki and Yamaha (new 1300 V-4 bagger coming out) for us to buy from....

you just posted the problem... Way to many in the field...

and the VTX was proof.. to many made, to many sitting around in crates. for years.

in 2/2005 I purchased my "F" early production... but 2002 1800 was on the floor and in crates NEW... deep discounts and very little takers... I spent 4k more for my "F" than a new 2002.. it was a new style and what I wanted

·
Registered
64 Posts
The CB SIX50 looks like a very fun ride. Though I would probably put a set of road tires on it, marking it an urban assault mc. Not too fond of riding in the dirt, but potential lean angles with some sticky icky tires, oh yeah you betcha.

On a side note, regarding vtx’s residing in boxes. Do you think there may be one or two left on a dock some where? Not unheard of to find new old rolling stock in a wharehouse gathering dust. Asking for a friend.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
The CB SIX50 looks like a very fun ride. Though I would probably put a set of road tires on it, marking it an urban assault mc. Not too fond of riding in the dirt, but potential lean angles with some sticky icky tires, oh yeah you betcha.

On a side note, regarding vtx’s residing in boxes. Do you think there may be one or two left on a dock some where? Not unheard of to find new old rolling stock in a wharehouse gathering dust. Asking for a friend.

not a single change....

I remember reading a online note the last crated VTX1800 was sold about 2013...
5 years after the end of production in 2008...

if there is.. its a Sold in the Crate unit.. so a used in the crate...so NO warranty...

a few months ago.. a 2008 with 3,000 miles was up for sale..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts