Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
In all honesty, that's one bike I won't challenge with my 1800F. Quick is an understatement

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
If I was 10 years younger, and looking to upgrade from my VTX, I would give it great consideration. For about 5 minutes. Then reality would surface again.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for bringing this 2017 model to our attention, but l personally think it's an ugly bike!

(says the guy who also rides a Kawa Versys!)...:wink2:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
[I said:
nate6966[/I];4185585]In all honesty, that's one bike I won't challenge with my 1800F. Quick is an understatement

Yeah the 109R, the V-Rod and a stage 2 Victory Hammer. Those are the bikes that smoked my C. I got edged out by a HD Rocker but that had some serious engine work done on it. The 109R is very potent off the showroom floor. I for one like the way this bike looks. I prefer the matte grey to the blue one though.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I'm not worried about V Rods when it's light to light. Their ponies and RPMs don't override the torque of the 1800 until after the eighth mile

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I'm not worried about V Rods when it's light to light. Their ponies and RPMs don't override the torque of the 1800 until after the eighth mile

As heavy as these bikes are, they are pretty quick out of the hole. With the 1300 final, and allowing for a bit of clutch useage, I could keep the front wheel down and get moving in a real hurry. I suspect any good rider on a V-Rod, prepared to use up a bit of clutch, could do the same, but most riders are really intimidated launching a bike really hard. All of that torque down low makes this much easier, on the 1800.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah the 109R, the V-Rod and a stage 2 Victory Hammer. Those are the bikes that smoked my C. I got edged out by a HD Rocker but that had some serious engine work done on it. The 109R is very potent off the showroom floor. I for one like the way this bike looks. I prefer the matte grey to the blue one though.
I would add the Yamaha Raider to one that could likely do it too:wink2:

I have one now and it seems a little stronger. Loved my 1800N but love the Raider too.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I would add the Yamaha Raider to one that could likely do it too:wink2:

I have one now and it seems a little stronger. Loved my 1800N but love the Raider too.
Quite possibly. I outran a Warrior a few years back and he was completely unbelieving that my big was stock except for air, exhaust and fuel manager. As I recall the Warrior was a 1700. I've never run against or ridden a Raider. I did also get absolutely smoked by a V-Max but I exclude that cause it's a V4.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
My neighbor has a really nice 1900 Raider and I frequently build a gap running ahead of her. There's a good chance she's not as aggressive on the bike as I am, but from listening to her and riding with her, she gives that bike a real strong work out everywhere she rides.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
I love the M109R. My buddy has one and it's seriously fast.
Not much of an even mid-distance cruiser though so i'll keep my fairing, hard bag, 4 piece comfy seat, stereo, stump pulling cruiser thanks....:grin2:

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's a shame Suzuki had to kill the classic version of this beast: the c109. If Suzuki came back with the c109 with ABS, I'd b buying that thing tomorrow the latest. I'm serious.

I looked into the M109 as my next bike as in Europe they now have to have ABS. I've scouted the m109 forums and everyone says that it's not worth it to turn the m109 into a tourer, which is my goal (touring trunk and touring bags with creature comfort stuff). Not just that but the m109 looks uglier than those new Korean and Chinese 125 custom bikes that seem to be the thing for people in Europe. The bike just looks nasty ugly.

A couple of guys in the m109 forums have turned their m109s into tourers and they admit their bikes look weird. They even only go as far as to have the Corbin bags on it which kind of look ubiquitous on the m109. They don't have the balls to put a cotdamn touring trunk on it because the bike looks too ugly for the eyes with a touring trunk (said by themselves).

Shame because I think that the m109's engine is a piece of art to admire, in the same way that Honda did with their VTX 1800 and Kawasaki did with their 2000. Forget about HD with their Milwaukee project, this bike and the other two Japanese ones are where real technology outshines, and all that without making a fuzz like the HD guys are doing now that the their cilinders' heads are water cooled and their shocks no longer offer 2 inches of travel (seriously?).

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have a 2006 M109R. It is a nice bike, but the stock seat was a butt killer. Now with an aftermarket gel seat that is cut for long legs it is more comfortable than my two 1800 VTXs. The M109R is faster than the VTXs, but at lower speeds, the VTX has more grunt. I like the looks for both the M109R and the VTXs, different but in my opinion all are beautiful machines. The VTXs shift much smoother and quieter than the M109R. There have been many documented problems with the transmissions on M109Rs. I do not like the lack of chrome and the blacked out parts on the new M109Rs.

[/url]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts