Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,972 Posts
I hate to see W lose. They are so tough, and it sucks for us next week and even if we win (no guarantee, they are going to play us tough), had they been undefeated it obviously would have made a better case for the Bucks to jump up in the rankings. Where I think they belong. Especially after this weekend and watching Clemson and LSU. And 'bama, on now. LSU and Ohio State 1-2 would be my current rankings.

Reactions: Capt. Rory

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bama is clearly not a number one powerhouse with Tua on the bench. Hated to see him get hurt. Hope he is back in top form in time for matchup with LSU. That will be a great display of west SEC talent.

·
Premium Member
11,972 Posts
I was talking before Tua got hurt. 'bama has no business at #1 and couldn't hang with LSU or my Bucks, IMO. Not even in the first half. Clemson also looks to be overrated but not as grossly.
I guess if 'bama is without Tua for LSU that gives them an excuse, so I hope he's back. I get it that at the start of the year you don't know, but that ranking is sh!at based on what we've seen on the field. It's like they're using last year somehow in their calculations.

When you get to the top-5, it's really all about the defense and until yesterday, Wisconsin looked great there. I still don't think they've given up 50 points total on the season, even after losing yesterday.

That's why I'm feeling good about THE Buckeyes this year. Defense looks to be very stout so far. Very stout.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oklahoma surprised me by laying an egg in Manhattan. Man, there are going to be some serious pouters around here if two SEC teams make it into the playoffs.

Looks like the LSU flavor Tigers proved to be the top cats. And Buckeyes were dominating in the rain. Clemson is hanging in there, but playing against weak ACC opposition never impresses me.

Gators have our annual Halloween rivalry game with Dawgs coming up on Saturday. We better have a much healthier defense if we hope to hang with them. But silly old Gamecocks already showed it can be done.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Look over your shoulder, OSU. WE ARE.....PENN ST.! #5 and climbing! Haha, just had to throw some #### in here.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Look over your shoulder, OSU. WE ARE.....PENN ST.! #5 and climbing! Haha, just had to throw some #### in here.
As a Buckeye fan Penn State, has always worried me. As a Buckeye fan Ohio State has always worried me.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Darn it. UGA Bulldogs proved themselves to be a little better than my Florida Gators. But that trip to Atlanta is going to be awfully tough, no matter which of the Western powers shows up. I usually pull for Bama as my default team in the West, but the LSU offense has impressed me so much this year that I plan to be neutral. Hope both teams are healthy and play their best.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I was expecting to see a Buckeye publicize their #1 position in the first playoff rankings this week. But even though I think all of the top 3 are great teams, I was a little surprised to see Clemson, the undefeated defending champion, moved down to #5. Not like it really matters at this point.

I kind of kept my eye on two games at noon - both were ugly massacres. OSU over Maryland and Florida over Vanderbilt. Meaningless games with ridiculously lopsided scores.

And now - time for a game with real drama - Bama hosting LSU. May the best team win. Hope they all stay healthy. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
11,972 Posts
I did not expect 'bama to be able to hang with LSU. I loved the game, but especially the score.

Makes me even more confident that THE Buckeyes can wreck these teams if they can get to the playoffs.

Defense.

LSU and 'bama don't play it.
:thumbup:

Reactions: jackk
21 - 40 of 100 Posts