Honda VTX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
After some reflection on this years Bama team here are a few observations. There are a great many teams out there that would be more than thrilled to go 10-2 and get a New Years Day Bowl. But this is considered a terrible season for us. Also, since the inception of the playoff system this is the first time Bama has not made the final four. Again considered an off-year for us. Finally the bright spot in this otherwise off season is all the people in Haiti wearing the 2019 Alabama National Champions t-shirts that were printed up back in August.

·
Premium Member
11,972 Posts
Reactions: Capt. Rory

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
LSU sort of made a domination statement with that win over Oklahoma. Wow... I had already predicted that it would be a lopsided win, but 7 TDs in the first half? That was crazy-good.

Looks like Joe Burrow never heard of the "Heisman curse". :grin2: Or if he ever did, it's obvious he didn't believe it. Great game. :thumbup: Maybe not so much if you were dreaming of a Sooner win.

And as for the second game.... yep, pretty good dogfight. A 2 point game with 4 minutes to play.... good luck.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well it looks like Clemson owns my Buckeyes.

·
Registered
390 Posts
At least I don't have to watch Ohio State get handed an ass-whooping in two weeks.

Reactions: Capt. Rory

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
LSU sort of made a domination statement with that win over Oklahoma. Wow... I had already predicted that it would be a lopsided win, but 7 TDs in the first half? That was crazy-good.

Looks like Joe Burrow never heard of the "Heisman curse". :grin2: Or if he ever did, it's obvious he didn't believe it. Great game. :thumbup: Maybe not so much if you were dreaming of a Sooner win.

And as for the second game.... yep, pretty good dogfight. A 2 point game with 4 minutes to play.... good luck.

The Burrow show was something to see. I wish I could of stayed up long enough to see the second half of the 2nd game, but tough when that alarm clock will be going off for 3 am.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I enjoyed watching the Gators beat up on Virginia last night, but the second half included a bit more drama than I expected. Maybe I shouldn't dismiss those teams from the "Almost Competitive Conference" so readily. Virginia's halftime adjustments showed me that they have both coaching talent and skills on the field. They are clearly a team that is improving.

·
Registered
861 Posts
........and Lynn Bowden and the Wildcats won a thriller over Virginia Tech!!

·
Premium Member
11,972 Posts
I watched the 2nd half of the KY/VATech game, but...

he played? And had a huge game. Society now compared to say just 30 years back? The collapse is stunning, really.
https://sports.yahoo.com/kentuckys-lynn-bowden-punches-virginia-tech-player-before-belk-bowl-172134921.html

I also enjoyed this story of a future saint...
https://sports.yahoo.com/lsu-linebacker-michael-divinity-jr-reinstated-title-game-184856377--ncaaf.html

What the ever-loving hell on the LSU LB? Wow. He just comes and goes as he pleases? lol
I have no idea what the story is on that one, it just sounded odd as hell.

#1 for KY being able to play after punching an opponent on the field in warmups "because it occurred an hour before game time and no refs were on the field" or whatever is troubling, though. I don't understand that one.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
So far, from the perspective of conference bragging rights, the SEC is looking pretty good. Only Auburn and Ms State have lost so far, so I think that puts SEC at 5 and 2. UGA plays Baylor shortly and then TN plays Indiana in Gator Bowl tomorrow. LSU caps off the season with the Clemson matchup on 1/13.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Less than an hour to go for the big game!!

Let’s hope for a great game with no injuries to any of the young men from either Clemson or LSU. I’ve seen both of these teams play with talent, poise and excellence, so I’m hoping for more of the same; represent your schools with pride and class, and may the best team win. *

* (especially if it’s LSU :D )

·
Registered
861 Posts
Reactions: Capt. Rory and LJ

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I was rather worried about Burrow the first Quarter, but after he worked out some jitters, and the coaches worked out what Clemson defense was doing, LSU never looked back. Burrow was 'top dog' the entire second half. LSU defense pretty much shut Lawrence and team down. Both teams are deserving, but LSU showed the nation what a 'complete' team can do when they gel and put it all together.

CONGRATS! to all you LSU fans.

Maybe one of these days, I'll be able to see my Cornhuskers do again, what LSU did. I can only dream & hope.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts