Honda VTX Forum banner

201 - 220 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
How about a Dental Spa.

Next Mark: Your bike and a lamp post (streetlight).
Never heard of a Dental Spa before now!
Do you get a massage or a facial when they finish with your dental work??? Bet they massage that wallet though!

·
Registered
100 Posts
East Main St., Harrisville, West Virginia, USA.

Next mark: Your bike at a country church. Bonus points if the photo includes the church cemetery. 20190925_081835.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
I passed several apple orchards on the way here in full picking mode.

Next tag, your bike and an orchard, it doesn’t have to be apples.
Hah, that's one for y'all nord'ners. Down here, we got no orchards. How about some of 'em oil fields? We got lots of those! :D

C'mon, someone post an orchard and pick the next mark. I want to have an excuse to ride. (but I ain't ridin' 12 hours to get to an orchard up north :) )

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
Hah, that's one for y'all nord'ners. Down here, we got no orchards. How about some of 'em oil fields? We got lots of those! :D

C'mon, someone post an orchard and pick the next mark. I want to have an excuse to ride. (but I ain't ridin' 12 hours to get to an orchard up north :) )
Peach orchards just east of Fredericksburg. Wine 290
We picked a few. Georgia peaches are much bigger and juicier than those we picked.
May have been a dry year or too early, Jenschke orchards.

·
Registered
681 Posts

Groves will do too, like oranges, pretty sure those are in the south. This can’t be that difficult.

If all else fails, a fruit tree.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members/95246-smurfy71-albums-my-vtx1300-picture40314-img-1373.jpg

·
Registered
900 Posts
Peach orchards just east of Fredericksburg. Wine 290
We picked a few. Georgia peaches are much bigger and juicier than those we picked.
May have been a dry year or too early, Jenschke orchards.
How jew know of peaches by F-burg? That information is classified. :D

But you're right, I forgot about the peaches there. Too bad I am booked with training for the weekend. Maybe next weekend.
In the meantime, I just ride to work & back this week, now that the cold front has dropped the 99F temperatures to 85F. Feels cold! I'll need a sweater in the morning! :surprise:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Groves will do too, like oranges, pretty sure those are in the south. This can’t be that difficult.
Trying to think hard (don't do this to me, it hurts! :D ) but cannot recall any orange groves in TX. Plenty of vinyards in the hillcountry (and in the oil fields by Houston) but I must say I have never seen any oranges growing in TX. (not saying there aren't none, I just haven't had the honor to see it myself)

Anyway, back on topic: apple orchard or some fruit groves will do. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Trying to think hard (don't do this to me, it hurts! :D ) but cannot recall any orange groves in TX. Plenty of vinyards in the hillcountry (and in the oil fields by Houston) but I must say I have never seen any oranges growing in TX. (not saying there aren't none, I just haven't had the honor to see it myself)

Anyway, back on topic: apple orchard or some fruit groves will do. :)

Grapes! Vineyards! That works too. No oil fields though. Trying to keep this about harvesting fruit.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members/95246-smurfy71-albums-my-vtx1300-picture40314-img-1373.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Although I was in Alabama's peach growing area last weekend, I did not ride by any of the orchards. But FWIW, orchard can also refer to nut trees, so for us southerners there should be plenty of pecan groves if nothing else is available.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Citrus used to be one of the 5 "C's" of Arizona. Copper, Cattle, Cotton, Citrus, Climate. I think citrus is be pushed out in favor of Communities, (ie, housing developments, apartments, condos, strip malls). But there are still a few citrus orchards but many had disappeared and have turned in to trendy Farmers Markets or pick you own fruit.

This orchard is oranges. Oranges are usually picked during Christmas.

Next mark: you bike and a satellite dish. But please at least three houses away from your home (ie Dish Network).
Bonus point if you can get multiple antennas.

Ride Safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
I knew where to go to find a large sat dish.
AT&T has/had several satellite sites, these I remembered: Etam, WV; Roaring Creek, PA and Woodbury, GA.
Near Woodbury is Warm Springs, GA it was the southern White House where FDR spent some time.
Woodbury has two 100 feet diameter steerable dishes.
This site was donated to Georgia Tech a few years ago. SETI and other things now.
Impact crater site also. http://forum.rocktumblinghobby.com/thread/81599/woodbury-georgia-impact-site
161 VTX miles RT.

The next mark: round hay bales with a Halloween theme

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Dang, you beat me to it, Hans! Nice dish array!

I too had a big one in mind. Was hoping to get out there on Saturday and get some good BBQ at the same time (you know, two birds, one stone, etc). Only 45 minutes south. Would have been a nice ride. But when you posted these on Friday, I decided to go north instead. No good BBQ but a nice ride anyway. And no hay bales!

Btw, got an alternate mark for folks outside of this "little tiny" country? The rest of the world does not celebrate HW and we are a worldwide club.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Let's not forget that most of those other countries celebrate HW cuz they're just murken wannabes. I've seen it first-hand how people are REALLY trying hard to look and sound like murkens and it is just silly, almost sad. Especially when they use some English words they do not even understand, they have no clue they sound like morons. :) Every time I visit Europe, it is worse. Americanization is the new trend now. Some Euro-morons even celebrate July 4th or Thanksgiving. *shrug*

Back on topic: I have not seen a single hay bale or even a pumpkin. Are we too early this year?

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
Where ever they farm will be hay bales and pumpkins.
Fredericksburg, TX
Bales are usually at the farm entrance!
TX 71 was scenic at Bee Cave as the sun was setting in 2012.

Take US 290 west!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Okay that should have been hay instead of hasty...

Next mark: I'll give a week to find a Halloween decoration or anything spooky like a rumored haunted spot, etc. If no one comes through and we are in November I'll change it

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
I'm changing the mark in honor of our upcoming Veteran's Day.

Your bike and anything military related.

It can be a base, national guard unit, vehicle, etc. I'll even accept war memorials though that is better suited for Memorial Day

201 - 220 of 255 Posts