Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
This one better still be open...they have my post office box here. :grin2:

Next mark: Your bike at the grocery store!

** Bonus points if you put groceries in/on it. **

Attachments

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
This one better still be open...they have my post office box here. :grin2:

Next mark: Your bike at the grocery store!

** Bonus points if you put groceries in/on it. **
HAH! That plays right into my hands. I need to punch out early and go get some flowers for the missus at our local grocery store (they have a good selection, even on this atrocious "pink day"). I am sure I can "squeeze" the dozen roses in my saddle-bags (boxes). I'll post a picture. :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Done. Got some flowers, some booze, got some weird looks when I opened my saddle-box to insert the flowers (with no problems), it was fun. :)

Thinking of the next mark ... and can't come up with anything fun or original.
So how about your bike with something big and pink? (just because today is the pink-hell-day)

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
There's nobody I would trust to take a photo of me mooning my bike and no one wants to see that anyway, so I'll have to think of something else. :)

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
There's nobody I would trust to take a photo of me mooning my bike and no one wants to see that anyway, so I'll have to think of something else. :)
I’m riding today and have been looking for big pink things...best thing I can think of is a Mary Kay caddy, but those are even more scarce than flying pigs these days...which, oddly enough, are also big & pink! :grin2:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I’m riding today and have been looking for big pink things...best thing I can think of is a Mary Kay caddy, but those are even more scarce than flying pigs these days...which, oddly enough, are also big & pink! :grin2:
Okay okay, due to the "scarcity" of big pink things, maybe we can allow small pink things.
Oh snap, that might backfire very quickly. ;)

Nonetheless, your bike next to a small pink Vespa would be acceptable if you cannot find a Mary Kay Caddy. :)

I didn't want to make it too easy on y'all. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
This should be family-friendly enough.
Does it pass?

Technically, I'd say the Japanese Tulip is more of a magenta or purple, but when you are riding by on a bike (and a guy) it looks pinkish to me!
But if we'd like to hold out over the weekend for anyone to find something more creative, I'm open.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
Does it pass?

Technically, I'd say the Japanese Tulip is more of a magenta or purple, but when you are riding by on a bike (and a guy) it looks pinkish to me!
But if we'd like to hold out over the weekend for anyone to find something more creative, I'm open.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Works for me...need to keep this thread moving along. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Does it pass?

I agree, we'll accept it. Looks awesome, btw. Ours is about to start blooming this weekend. My mom (from way up north) always loves pictures I send her with this "purple tree" in full bloom.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I bet you can fulfill that one as well. Not sure how far you are from the airport, the Hangar Hotel is a big tourist attraction.
Any rules against one person calling a mark and fulfilling it too? :)
That wouldn't seem fair. Someone could take a bunch of pictures and post one after the other then win all the money for the most posts during the year

...Wait...Did you say there's NO MONEY!!! :grin2:

I went to West Texas on Hwy 90 for the the three day weekend. Stayed at Antelope Lodge, which gave me the hotel/motel idea. Great weekend for the Rio Grand river road. Stopped at DOM rock (Fandoango movie) and Terlingua for a beer.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Tuesday Thunderstorms Precipitation: 100% 41°38°
Wednesday Mostly Cloudy Precipitation: 0% 55°37°
Thursday Isolated Thundershowers Precipitation: 60% 52°36°
Friday Thunderstorms Precipitation: 55% 65°47°
Saturday Thunderstorms Precipitation: 60% 65°49°
Sunday Fair Precipitation: 0% 59°40°
Monday Scattered Thunderstorms Precipitation: 35% 61°43°
Tuesday Scattered Thunderstorms Precipitation: 40% 66°50°
Wednesday Partly Cloudy Precipitation: 5% 62°46°.
Thursday Partly Cloudy Precipitation: 5% 60°45°
One of these days....One of these days....Please, one of these days dry up, and warm up so I can ride. Can you spell PMS? Now I've got it.........bad. Maybe by weeks end

·
Registered
886 Posts
At least for us Central Texans we have good weather until the weekend. Could someone PLEASE get my mark!!! :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
At least for us Central Texans we have good weather until the weekend. Could someone PLEASE get my mark!!! :)
I'd love to but the wx has been rainy/drizzly/wet on&off and between work and other commitments, I just did not have time to ride an hour or two somewhere out of the city to find a cool hotel. :(
Otherwise I'd probably give you a shout and grab a lunch with you in F-burg or something.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'd love to but the wx has been rainy/drizzly/wet on&off and between work and other commitments, I just did not have time to ride an hour or two somewhere out of the city to find a cool hotel. :(
Otherwise I'd probably give you a shout and grab a lunch with you in F-burg or something.
Our 20% chance of rain turned to 100% with Thunderstorms! Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yesterday's cold front from the north gave way to the warm front from the south. The south wins again!
So now we have a blanket of moist misty clouds over us with cold air trapped underneath. Typical inversion. It won't go away until another cold front blows it out. This winter is pretty atypical for TX.

41 - 60 of 255 Posts