Honda VTX Forum banner

141 - 160 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
No worries, I am no stranger to an outhouse. (IOW: I am not young)
I just do not get the dancing hotdogs reference. Must be cultural. Google found nothing interesting. :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
:pepper1: :pepper1::pepper1:

·
Registered
781 Posts
My eyesight must be going bad. The whole time I thought those were dancing hotdogs.
Just noticed the green top, peppers. :banghead:

Reactions: nate6966

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
Many AT&T towers and some old buildings had an outhouse.
One example here of block construction which is rare.
Rutledge,GA

A ratty outhouse in West Palm Beach near 20 mile Bend, ATT tower.

Where is the nearest outhouse??
Porta-Potties all over!!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
Reactions: VTXArizona

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Took a break after cutting the grass and went for a 2 1/2 hour ride. Found a couple ball fields on the way.

Next mark: I must have saw 8 on my ride. Your bike and a port-a-pottie. Bonus: Dancing hotdogs for an outhouse. :thumbup:
Alright, alright, I did get to snap a picture of some potties this weekend. Boy was it hot to ride! We hit 100F 'murken (which is ~40C in the civilized world).

Next mark: your bike with a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer). It may not be you. ;)
(and if you work with LEOs, you can post a picture with one as long as they are from a different unit/station - we'll go by honor code on this one)

BONUS: make the LEO smile.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Alright, alright, I did get to snap a picture of some potties this weekend. Boy was it hot to ride! We hit 100F 'murken (which is ~40C in the civilized world).

Next mark: your bike with a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer). It may not be you. ;)
(and if you work with LEOs, you can post a picture with one as long as they are from a different unit/station - we'll go by honor code on this one)

I usually try to avoid it but today may be the day then: racing down main street. :surprise:

Which reminds me of a something many moons ago: one of my friends went in front of a judge because he had been caught speeding.
"Your honor, the police equipment must be wrong because it is impossible for anyone to go this fast through that corner".
The judge agreed.
0:)

My friend clearly got away with one here because there were not many that could go that fast there, and he was one of them.

RIP Frans.

·
Registered
781 Posts

How about an alternative mark to go with the LEO? Been two weeks with no hits. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
How about an alternative mark to go with the LEO? Been two weeks with no hits. :wink2:
And I thought this one shouldn't be too hard. Don't we all have LEO friends or at least friendly LEOs?

I agree with you, I might have killed the thread.

UPDATED MARK: how about your bike with anybody in a uniform? That includes, LEOs, military, firemen, security guards, heck even nurses in scrubs, no? ;)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Oh c'mon, guys, it shouldn't be this hard. :)

I had many chances to snap some pictures with LEOs last weekend during my training with the local PD. Nice guys, all of 'em. I could have had a picture probably with all of 'em standing around my bike.
But the scavenger hunt unofficial rules state that the one naming the mark cannot fulfill that mark. :(

So c'mon, someone jump on it! I am sure some of y'all pass by your local FD or PD frequently. Or find a security guard. Make him feel useful for a few seconds. :D

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Now I’m offended.

I had to re-read my post. Are you, by a chance, a security guard?
Even if so, no need to feel bad. You make up for it by riding a cool bike! So you do fit in the big-boy club, no worries.
(did I make it better or worse?) >:)

And if you post a picture of your bike with one of your uniformed (or "uninformed"?) buddies, we'll forgive you. :grin2::grin2::grin2:
And you'll get the thread rolling again. :thumbup:

·
Registered
993 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I am a licenced security professional. I was a security guard, now I am the manager of security at our local University. No worries, I’m used to the jokes and have pretty thick skin.

I’m on vacation, otherwise I’d have one of my staff jump on the X for a pic.
A "licensed security professional"? I love these new job titles. Like "licensed flooring cosmetologist" (aka "janitor"). :D
I bet you get those "security guard" jokes a lot. People are mean, am I right? ;)

Enjoy your vacation! I hope you're on your VTX! :thumbup:

And somebody, PLEASE, post a picture to keep this thread going! (or I'll have to do it for you)

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
If this is acceptable, VTX was on the other corner, parking around the square was a scarce commodity.

Covington, GA. Journey cover band, playing on the square. Walking past 2 LEO reminded me of this thread.
I went back to ask them if ok to take a picture of them. I have edited the photo to remove their names.
If you were a fan of "In the Heat of the Night" you will recognize the courthouse.

Next mark, a courthouse built in the 1800's.

Newton County Courthouse is a historic county courthouse in Courthouse Square in Covington, Georgia, the county seat of Newton County, Georgia. The courthouse was designed by Bruce & Morgan in a Second Empire architecture style and built in 1884.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
ha... our corner of the world wasn't much in the late 1800s. gonna have to check on that old courthouse. Sorry I haven't been checking in. That LEO pic would have been easy. It has been raining or so hazy here pics haven't even been coming to mind.

·
Registered
385 Posts
that would have been my Glory pic. Did some research and should be able to get that courthouse pic later this week.... if i remember..???

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
141 - 160 of 255 Posts