Honda VTX Forum banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Been riding a lot lately but haven't come up on any of the marks. Y'all make it up, though.

Hans, any substitute for non-US members who want to participate in the hunt?

·
Registered
12,173 Posts
Hans, any substitute for non-US members who want to participate in the hunt?
The Celts sarted it.
The Romans adopted it.
All Saints' Day
On May 13, 609 A.D., Pope Boniface IV dedicated the Pantheon in Rome in honor of all Christian martyrs, and the Catholic feast of All Martyrs Day was established in the Western church. Pope Gregory III later expanded the festival to include all saints as well as all martyrs, and moved the

In Mexico, Latin America and Spain, All Souls’ Day, which takes place on November 2,

it is international!

Reactions: VTXer_wannaB

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Agreed, Dia de los muertos is truly international. But I do not know any other country that sends kids beg for candy at the neighbors' two days prior.
I mean yes, some copycats love to celebrate US holidays outside of the US. So you'll see crazies all over Europe celebrate Thanksgiving, HW and heck, even Independence Day! (not kidding) But those are just exceptions to the rule.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Next Mark: Your bike and your favorite burger restaurant. Not fast food, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, etc.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Agreed, Dia de los muertos is truly international. But I do not know any other country that sends kids beg for candy at the neighbors' two days prior.
I mean yes, some copycats love to celebrate US holidays outside of the US. So you'll see crazies all over Europe celebrate Thanksgiving, HW and heck, even Independence Day! (not kidding) But those are just exceptions to the rule.
You do know that “Thanksgiving” is celebrated all over the world and in many countries it began before America was discovered?

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Well, it's one of my favorites, they do have a tasty burger. Wife and I just had one Friday.
Not much from the outside, what's inside that counts! And yes, the name? they have frog legs.

Next Mark: Too early for Christmas (people are already putting decorations :rolleyes:), it's still fall.
Your bike and some leaves.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Next Mark: Too early for Christmas (people are already putting decorations :rolleyes:), it's still fall.
Your bike and some leaves.
Been a few days, so in addition to the leaves (probably blown away by now).

Your bike and an arrow. Could be turn arrow, sign arrow, heck, even the word arrow.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Been a few days, so in addition to the leaves (probably blown away by now).

Your bike and an arrow. Could be turn arrow, sign arrow, heck, even the word arrow.
The leaves in Phoenix are just starting to turn color. Of the few trees that do loose their leaves. The tree in this picture is an Olive tree which does not lose their leaves.

Next Mark: Your bike and a water treatment plant/sign.
Ride safe.

·
Registered
798 Posts
^^^^^^

I was so focused on the tree I didn't notice the arrow, nicely done!!

181 - 189 of 189 Posts