Honda VTX Forum banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
an electric power generation station. Coal, oil, gas, nuclear, hydro electric. But not solar.

Anybody, anybody, Bueler.

·
Registered
11,709 Posts
If I ride to my favorite Peach ice Cream place I take another route and go right past one. Always wanted
to stop there. Some recreation activity there.

Reactions: VTXer_wannaB

·
Registered
11,709 Posts
I rode to the Plant Scherer Generator - Coal fired.
Not much I could see. A illuminated billboard and a billboard on US 23.
Top of smokestacks (steam). Google camera truck did not do any better.
Rome power plant was very open.
Make the next target a small rural Post Office or a Fire tower.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,709 Posts
Hillsboro, GA was one I passed today. Topton, NC is one I remember going to Dragon's Tail on US 74.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
No thanks, fellas. I'll 'suffer' here in central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies in and around 90*

·
Registered
11,709 Posts
Too hot in the day, make a night ride!

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
942 Posts
Too hot to stop. Gotta keep moving.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Since I claimed the last mark on the 2019 Hunt, I use all my unofficial authority to start for 2020

As always, the point is to encourage us to get out and ride. More importantly, to have fun and we all know those two often go hand in hand.

So for rules:
A mark/tag is named and the first person to take a photo of their bike with that particular category gets to name the next mark/tag and it continues.
No old photos allowed. You must ride to the mark after it has been named and your bike needs to be in the picture. Obviously, you cannot claim your own mark.

Try to make the target something accessible to most riders, so not too obscure.

If a mark is unclaimed for a lengthy amount of time, the last finder can name a new category to keep things moving along. However, I am not going to stipulate any particular amount of time. We're a casual group.

And that's it. Get out and ride! And post pics to encourage others to do the same.

What that said, (Thanks for the verbage GuideDawg). The first mark for 2020, drum roll please is: Your bike with a car/truck/vehicle that has a for sale sign.

Ride Safe.
I missed the start of the Hunt again and I have ridden my VTX's over 7,500 miles so far this year including two five state trips. I think I passed by all the marks except a historical disaster mark?, probably not in order or at the time that the mark was called though. Oh well I would rather ride than take pics anyway.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I missed the start of the Hunt again and I have ridden my VTX's over 7,500 miles so far this year including two five state trips. I think I passed by all the marks except a historical disaster mark?, probably not in order or at the time that the mark was called though. Oh well I would rather ride than take pics anyway.
Never too late to join in on the fun!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
True but, the ride is way more fun than stopping to take pics for me. I do realize it is nice to share though.
Understood. I made the landmark my destination and that way, I gotta stop to turn around anyway. :)
If that's you in your avatar, I love the goggles. Stylish! (and it shows my age :D )

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Understood. I made the landmark my destination and that way, I gotta stop to turn around anyway. :)
If that's you in your avatar, I love the goggles. Stylish! (and it shows my age :D )
I can turn around without stopping! :p

I just need a Go Pro so I don't have to mess with taking my gloves off and getting my phone out. 😀

That is me with the goggles. They are OLD (older than I am) and because of that they are not in good enough condition to wear but, I think they are cool too, so I decided they would make a good Avatar pic.

121 - 140 of 146 Posts