Honda VTX Forum banner

141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
What's the next mark? Still small rural PO or fire tower? Please confirm.
Depending on the weather, I would love to ride this weekend. If I see the mark, I'll take a picture.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You are correct Sir.🖖

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Yesterday in Phoenix 118 degrees or you could look at it as 86 degrees above which water freezes. 116 degrees forecast for today. Phoenix has had 28 days so far this year of 110 degrees or higher. The record number of days for 110 degrees or higher for a years is 33 days set back on 2011. Phoenix is forecast to break that record. ON a side note Phoenix only gets frost about a dozen times a year. And then it depends on where in the valley you live.

Stay cool my friends.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
But but but ... it's dry heat! :D
Sorry, I could not resist.
We have 10x here in TX every day but it is humid heat.
"Cold" front is sweeping across TX but stalled and will only fizzle out. Morelike a "cool" front, btw.
So we are still stuck with humidity, some rain and lots of brutal sun. Wanted to take the bike for a ride this morning before heat builds up but did not get a chance.

Stay cool, folks!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #145 (Edited)
Lately the humidly seems to be low. Maybe a high of 50% in the early morning then dropping when the temps rise. The Dew point is used most often to gauge the uncomfortable feeling. When the dewpoint it in the 50+ degree range it is pretty miserable outside.

I agree heat and humidity is terrible. A few years ago I was in Atlanta Georgia the first week in October. It is still 100 degrees in early October in Phoenix. I though the weather was miserable (humidity) in Atlanta and it was a sunny day.

Found this. It looked interesting.

The pictures are screen shots are the run time in hours of our AC (in blue) and furnace (in red) for the last year and a weekly screen shot. The lighter color blue is when the second stage of the AC kicks on.

Screenshot_20200731-111617.png

Screenshot_20200731-115533.png

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
This is the trip I really wanted to do two weeks ago for the post office mark. Close to a 600 mile loop that takes you into New Mexico. Lots of small towns with small post offices.
The bottom right picture on the second picture really is a post office on the White Mountain Apache Reservation in the town of McNary,AZ. My favorites are Mule Creek, NM
and Nutrioso, AZ.
A few years ago I was stopped by a sheriff deputy in Mule Creek. I was going 52 in a 40. He was just giving warnings and told me that I was the slowest speeder
so far that day. The Deputy told me the locals were complaining about people speeding by the post office. Take a look at Mule Creek, NM on google maps. and you will see why you would want to speed.

post_offices_1.jpg
post_offices_2.jpg

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
Animals next door???
Rendering plant???
Smell must be bad!!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
A two-for, Tesla on the right, and a Ford being charged on the left.

NEXT MARK: They're all around hear now with covid, even taking over parking lots. Your bike and a restaurant with outdoor seating. Preferably not fast food. Happy hunting...

Reactions: VTXer_wannaB

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
A two-for, Tesla on the right, and a Ford being charged on the left.

View attachment 176943

NEXT MARK: They're all around hear now with covid, even taking over parking lots. Your bike and a restaurant with outdoor seating. Preferably not fast food. Happy hunting...
Man, an hour before you posted this I was parked beside a parking lot patio.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've got to get back in to this. Maybe I can knock one out this weekend.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Its been raining Every single Day!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Been over a week, so now for an either, or.

OR: Your bike and barber shop (even hair salons).

·
Registered
532 Posts
So whats the new mark?

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
Your bike and barber shop (even hair salons).

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Your bike and barber shop (even hair salons).
The older, the better?
I think I know just the place. A nice old standalone barber shop next town over. Would be a nice ride once the sun gets lower (and temps drop below 100F).

141 - 160 of 183 Posts