Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new year welcomes a new scavenger hunt!!

As always, the point is to encourage us to get out and ride. More importantly, to have fun and we all know those two often go hand in hand.

So for rules:
A mark/tag is named and the first person to take a photo of their bike with that particular category gets to name the next mark/tag and it continues.
No old photos allowed. You must ride to the mark after it has been named and your bike needs to be in the picture. Obviously, you cannot claim your own mark.

Try to make the target something accessible to most riders, so not too obscure.

If a mark is unclaimed for a lengthy amount of time, the last finder can name a new category to keep things moving along. However, I am not going to stipulate any particular amount of time. We're a casual group.

And that's it. Get out and ride! And post pics to encourage others to do the same.

With that said, (Thanks for the verbage GuideDawg,VTXer_wannaB).

The first mark for 2021: Your bike next to anything of same color (or close to) as your bike.

For snowbirds: Your bike with a part removed (sun worshipers not allowed to claim this). 馃槈

Ride Safe.

Registered
Some/any odd but unique landmark. This is Salvation mountain near the Salton Sea it is made with paints of all colors I could park closer but it has colors that match my bike. If you don't think it qualifies that's OK it was an awesome ride regardless. Two grandsons started on a 1997 Valkyrie and my wife and I on my VTX. We rode there yesterday, it was a 262 mile ride, we switched bikes for the last 30 miles at the request of the grandson that owns the Valkyrie because he really wanted to ride a VTX again. He loves the Valkyrie but misses his VTX, that's why I have both;). :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Awesome pic! Technically it's considered an old pic since it was yesterday. But I say you have precognitive abilities.

CALL THE NEXT MARK! Nicely done!

Registered
The next mark will be some/any odd but unique landmark. I think that should be good for most. So lets see some strange things.

Registered
It was my intention when I went on the ride to start the 2021 Unofficial Scavenger Hunt thread because no-one had, but then it was. When we got back I went to bed and then remembered this morning so pic was not 24 hours old yet.;) If I had remember last night I could have just started the thread.

I didn't actually see in the rules that it needed to be posted the day of the ride and I thought old pics was seeing a mark posted and then just grabbing a pic that had already been taken for some other reason. My pic just happened to match the the first mark even though it was taken for the porpose of stating the thread but I can understand what you mean though, and I agree it was technically old because I took it first. Anyway thanks for letting me pick the mark since I missed out on starting the thread like I intended to.

Registered
I stopped at a landmark building with several floors underground.
A cold war era project hardened to survive a nuclear bomb blast.
I will provide more info.
Springs supporting switch equipment.
Continue the theme of something unusual.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^^^^
Nicely done. (y) 5-9" of snow expected overnight. I don't think I'll go look for a fire truck. ;)

Registered
^^^^^^
Nicely done. (y) 5-9" of snow expected overnight. I don't think I'll go look for a fire truck. ;)
LOL Yeah, that's tough.
Our winter week is over, I rode today, 80F. Passed 4 fire stations, not a single truck. (I wanted a truck in the picture, not just a closed-up building)
Maybe tomorrow.

Registered
Our winter is also over. We get a lot of sunshine it is very easy to shovel and is usually gone every day. The neighbor's flowers have starting blooming. The entire yard will be flowers in a few weeks. Last week I planted a few tomato plants. I did have to scrape the frost off my pickup window last Thursday and I did move the tomato plants into garage Wednesday evening.

20210131_105309.jpg 20210131_112447.jpg

Registered
Nice. We will have to start mowing again soon.
Say hi to your BFF for me.
A scratch behind the ears, pet on the head, belly rub, whatever you choose.
Or all of the above. :)

FWIW, we did get to ride yesterday to show off our new builds to some friends but completely forgot to look for any fire stations or fire trucks. Next time!

Registered
It was far too nice a day to not ride to work but rain and colder temps are coming

This weekend is President's Day and Valentine's Day in the US so the next mark is:

Your bike with a sign that is the name of a US President or either a picture of or the word "heart"

Registered
That should be an easy mark to grab by those who can still ride.
We are at 33F and drizzle. Cold until next week, 4" of snow on Monday.
The nordners are saying "so what?".
And I say "here in TX, we have 1 snow plow per 3 million people". 馃槀
Oh, plus shhhton of Commiefornians who have no dang clue how to drive to begin with, especially if the roads aren't perfectly dry.

Premium Member
Please be nice to those Commiefornicaters, I want them to keep going to Texas instead of Colorado, maybe even have them move from Colorado to Texas.
:)

Registered
Please be nice to those Commiefornicaters, I want them to keep going to Texas instead of Colorado, maybe even have them move from Colorado to Texas.
:)
I'll make you a deal. We'll give you $1 for each Crazyfornian you take. You can become a multi-millionaire overnight and we'll get to keep TX the way it is.
Hey Commiefornians, Colorado is a VERY nice state. TX is very humid and hot. CO has a nice dry climate and legalized pot! :)

In unrelated news, I am NOT riding today. Or tomorrow. Or this weekend. Or Monday. Or Tuesday. Bad wx here. 29F and rain, storms. "Fun stuff".
Somebody please post pictures from sunny AZ, NM or other places.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts