Honda VTX Forum banner
161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Damn, I missed it... The original and the revised one. I rode around awhile also.
I may have to look at the VTXOA dot com more often when doing this....

VTXer_wannaB, you had about six hours yesterday at 105 and above.
Today was a good day for you to get out!
I know that feeling, it sucks 😡. Makes it feel even better when you get one though. 😁 This game is laid back compared to the one i was involved with, we were turning over marks daily and even more than 1 a day. We kept score and there was a lot of players. I enjoyed it a lot, until i didn't. Guys are competitive, there is no way around that, no matter how many times you sing Kumbaya...😂

·
Registered
486 Posts
VTXer_wannaB, you had about six hours yesterday at 105 and above.
Today was a good day for you to get out!
My early mornings have been taken up with bicycling. I have to get my legs (actually the entire body) in shape for a Multiple Sclerosis charity bicycle ride October 9, and 10 in Lagrange Georgia. My motorcycle riding is taking a back seat. In a past life did a considerable amount of bicycling. In 2006 I rode a bicycle from Washington State to Bar Harbor Maine. Took me 3 months.

My view for 3 months.

Wheel Water Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
486 Posts
:oops: I thought motorcycling across the plains was bad...
I grew up in North Dakota. Back in 2006 I was dreading bicycling highway 2 across Montana. I even tried to talk some of the guys I met up with to head south and follow the Yellow Stone Rivers. In the end I (we) stayed on highway 2 and it was my favorite part of the 4000 miles rides.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Mmmnn, bang bang shrimp, and an old fashioned..

My last mark suggestion was something urban or something rural. Got the urban thanks to VTXer_wannaB. (y)

Next mark: Your bike and something rural.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Rural... Peach country Georgia...
Peach Ice Cream, 16oz, savor the flavor, right at 35 minutes to consume(suckle),
I was there 3 weeks ago... Today also.. Probably the 5th time out there this year.

Rural or out in the country or near a city.
Next Mark how about farm animals>> Equine, Bovine, pigs, chicken or turkeys.

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Got out for a couple hours..

Herd of cows. When I first stopped all the cows were at the other end of the pasture, by the time I got my phone out, they showed up for the photo op!

A Horsy

More cows, and chickens (upper right )

And the goat

Next Mark: Your bike and any kind of tower.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Got out for a couple hours..
Herd of cows. When I first stopped all the cows were at the other end of the pasture, by the time I got my phone out, they showed up for the photo op!
I have experienced something very similar before. It was like they never saw a VTX or MC before.
I probably offended them when I called them "Hamburger".

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
I have experienced something very similar before. It was like they never saw a VTX or MC before.
I probably offended them when I called them "Hamburger".
The magic word for their dispersal is BBQ!

• Haha
Reactions: Q 1300r

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
They wanted to see the cool Harley! (y)

Next Mark: Your bike and any kind of tower.
Oh man, I got a nice tower in mind but won't be able fulfill this one anytime soon since I am now bed-ridden and unable to walk (and thus ride or drive, duh :) ).
My stupid optimistic self says I should be back in the saddle in no time. But my more realistic pessimistic self says not to listen to that moron. :D

Whoever gets this mark, please make it a cool tower if you can.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
They wanted to see the cool Harley! (y)

Oh man, I got a nice tower in mind but won't be able fulfill this one anytime soon since I am now bed-ridden and unable to walk (and thus ride or drive, duh :) ).
My stupid optimistic self says I should be back in the saddle in no time. But my more realistic pessimistic self says not to listen to that moron. :D

Whoever gets this mark, please make it a cool tower if you can.
Sorry you are temporarily 'down', Lou. Get well soon, Sir.

Reactions: Lou_VTX

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Hello Lou, hope you get better ASAP.
A tower at a Texas University.
Bell towers, TV/FM transmitter towers. Washington monument is that a tower?? The Washington Monument is an obelisk.. Observation tower at Gettysburg battlefield. Fran---hop to it!
AT&T first microwave route (Boston to Chicago) had concrete towers. A few still stand.
A "Carillon" tower in Stone Mtn park. Sometimes a lady will play some tunes.
Is a water tank a tower???

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
A Peach painted on a water tower in Gaffney, SC.
Somewhere an apple painted on a water tower, xyl said Virginia.
I-66 or I-81 near Shenandoah valley.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Hello Lou, hope you get better ASAP.
A tower at a Texas University.
Bell towers, TV/FM transmitter towers. Washington monument is that a tower?? The Washington Monument is an obelisk.. Observation tower at Gettysburg battlefield. Fran---hop to it!
AT&T first microwave route (Boston to Chicago) had concrete towers. A few still stand.
A "Carillon" tower in Stone Mtn park. Sometimes a lady will play some tunes.
Is a water tank a tower???
There's the 'Tower of Voices', a.k.a. the vertical thingy with chimes to represent the 'voices' of the 40 victims of Flight 93 1/2 hr. south of me. But I'd need help posting any pix of it. Better for someone to look it up online and post it.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
You could have gone to Flight 93 Memorial on your X and emailed me your pictures.
If you have pix of your X at the memorial, even taken at some other time would be good.
A heroic effort of the passengers and crew to subdue the terrorists.
20th anniversary 9/11/2001

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
^^^^^^^

On the contrary, very creative!! Especially the water tower. (y)(y)

Reactions: rangers4u
161 - 180 of 182 Posts