Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,289 Posts
Rebels, Shadow 750's, Fury 1300. Honda doesn't have any interest offering anything beyond these models. Like you said there are other makers, other choices.
The 2022 offering is much smaller in Canada than the US.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Oh, I dream about having a range to choose from but here down under our riding population is too small to warrant more than a few models coming in. Then the importers tend to tell us what we want not the other way around. Apart from a couple of models has anyone noticed seat heights seem to getting taller and taller in the last ten years? I am interested in the nt 1100 but seat height is always the main thing to look for. (Im 5ft 5 in)

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Honda products have been dead to me for 10 years.
The big cruiser market is too small for them to worry about so understandable.
I may have to keep my 1800 going until I die, still better than 99% of the new stuff out here imo
That's why I still have my original '02 C and I bought a very low mileage '05 for pennies when Honda stopped making the VTX 1800. I may own other bikes like the 2020 Goldwing I have as well, BUT I will always have the badass cruiser until I die.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the Fury is a joke. Choppers don't come from the store. And they sure as hell don't come from Honda. Harkon hit it right on the head. We were building chops that were more powerful than that dimestore joke out of used cop bikes in the early 70s. It's pathetic. Really.
if you follow your logic, then why aren’t people buying built chops made out of used cop bikes from the 70’s? Would you buy one now? I think, and you don’t have to agree, but people want the look. made by a reliable manufacture with a warrantee. I would want one engineered to work versus what some shade tree mechanic put together. Honda worked on things like handling, braking and stress points on the neck. Little things that just got over looked making chopped up bikes from the 70’s. Personally I would rather ride something I felt was safe. Just my option.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
If I found the right used FLH you can bet I would 'chop' it and ride the wheels off of it. I'm not sure what your point is. And what's with the 'back yard' shade tree mechanic slur? How do you propose to know what my level of technical skill is? I happen to be a certified welder and ASE master mechanic. I've dealt with this same crap my whole career (50 years). Yeah, the weekend JOs want the 'look'. You know what? Screw them and the piece of crap they rode in on. And then to infer that I might be riding something 'unsafe', man you are really lost. I'll repeat; the Fury is a hod dang joke!

·
Registered
24 Posts
If I found the right used FLH you can bet I would 'chop' it and ride the wheels off of it. I'm not sure what your point is. And what's with the 'back yard' shade tree mechanic slur? How do you propose to know what my level of technical skill is? I happen to be a certified welder and ASE master mechanic. I've dealt with this same crap my whole career (50 years). Yeah, the weekend JOs want the 'look'. You know what? Screw them and the piece of crap they rode in on. And then to infer that I might be riding something 'unsafe', man you are really lost. I'll repeat; the Fury is a hod dang joke!
[/QU
I don’t know your level of technical skill. Just like I don’t how being a AUTOMOTIVE ASE and certified Welder means that you automatically can make a chopper that is just as safe and engineered as good or better then the whole R and D dept. of Honda. yup Honda is the joke and your’s, if you actually did ever make one, would be the better choice. I hope Honda is listening they should just fire all their engineers, quality assurance depts, and safety teams and hire you to make their next bike.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts