Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my oil this weekend. Had to drive a screwdriver through the filter to get er off no biggy..

Since I live in ARizona, I thought I should use 20W-50 oil, but now I am reading that it is not necessary since the engine is liquid cooled. Will this cause any problems. Also, I only had one new crush gasket for the drain screw, so I only opened the back screw on my C and drained it through there and the filter. Quite a lot of oil came out, seemed like most of it and it was open for over an hour draining. Any problems with that? I am sure there is problem a reason there are two bolts...

·
Registered
409 Posts
oil

No problem. It gets pretty warm down there where you are. 20w50 should be fine. I use 15w50 mobil 1 red cap. Runs great! Mobil 1 also makes a v-twin motorcycle oil.

·
Registered
246 Posts
oil viscosity

you will be glad you got that 20-50w in there come the "ice melt" my brother! i changed oil one time and used the old washers with no problem or leaks. i try to keep extras as i have changed the oil 5 times in 11 months! cant keep off that scooter!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I run florida in summer...15-50 mobil in everything I run...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts