Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I have a 2005 VTX1300C that I traded for my sportster. I have ordered a 21" wheel tires etc. I am wondering if anyone has a part number for the wheel bearings I will need for the hub. I am talking about the bearings to fit in the harley hub to fit the VTX axle. Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
if these are "NEW" custom wheels.. you need to ask the maker of the wheels.

they would be the ones to "SPEC" the bearing sizes.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Bout the best you can do is measure bearing bore in hub, both diameter and depth. Then take that data, along with the axle o.d. to a bearing jobber and see if they can match something up for you. Or, have a custom axle turned.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bout the best you can do is measure bearing bore in hub, both diameter and depth. Then take that data, along with the axle o.d. to a bearing jobber and see if they can match something up for you. Or, have a custom axle turned.
Thank you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I was considering running a 21" wheel I had it laced to a VTX hub. No axle problems and correct brake rotor spacing. Just a thought.
That is the best way to do it! But I do everything the hard way, LOL! I have a wheel rotor and tires coming and I will fab up a brake mount. I was just hoping someone had the part number for the bearings so when everything gets here I could get her done.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Without knowing exactly what hub you are using there is no way of knowing what bearing # will work. Is it a HD hub, or aftermarket? Another option would be to have the hub machined to accept the VTX bearings. Probably the best bet. The standard bearing (all VTX) is 20X32X15mm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Without knowing exactly what hub you are using there is no way of knowing what bearing # will work. Is it a HD hub, or aftermarket? Another option would be to have the hub machined to accept the VTX bearings. Probably the best bet. The standard bearing (all VTX) is 20X32X15mm.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered a Evo wheel, 1999 - what ever year the changed them. I will just measure everything when the wheel gets here and go from there.

·
Registered
12,176 Posts
Blast--maybe a typo>>6304UU Sealed Ball Bearing 20 x 52 x 15 mm 6304UU Sealed Ball Bearing, the inner diameter is 20mm, outer diameter is 52mm and the width is 15mm

If you notice right below your thread is "Recommended Reading".
That may be of interest to you.
Harley to Honda wheel conversions.
See what others have done.

Reactions: Slatroni

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Is this a spoke wheel? If so there is a much much easier and probably cheaper way. Shadow outer rim and spoke set laced to VTX hub. This is what I have. I have seen a video of a putting a Harley wheel on a VTX, but I don't remember the bearing info. I do know the brake caliper mounting looked sketchy, no thanks.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Good catch Hans. 20x52x15 is what I have in my notes. I f#cked it up.

Reactions: Slatroni

·
Registered
12,176 Posts
Back in July 2009, Capt Rory posted pix of his 21" spoked wheel.

Reactions: Capt. Rory

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is this a spoke wheel? If so there is a much much easier and probably cheaper way. Shadow outer rim and spoke set laced to VTX hub. This is what I have. I have seen a video of a putting a Harley wheel on a VTX, but I don't remember the bearing info. I do know the brake caliper mounting looked sketchy, no thanks.
Thanks, I have a aluminum wheel. I have spent the day searching the web for part numbers.
I agree about the caliper mount, that's scetchy! I am going to Fab up a new bracket out fo 6061 t6 and give it the polish treatment.
I already bought a Harley wheel and rotor and dug up some part numbers for bearings and seals

1 - 20 of 25 Posts