Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 6'1" with a mustang seat and Ive been using a ms fats 21" and just got a heck of a deal on a ms fats 19" solar, (thanks opvtx) and was wondering if anybody had gone from 21 to 19 and regretted it . thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got a 19" on my Shadow 1100 and it was fine until I put a Mustang saddle on. The resulting 1" increase in seating height causes a bit of buffeting above say 60mph. It's not unbearable but it is a consideration. BTW, I'm only 5'9" but we probably sit at about the same height.

Jeff

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Phil

6'1' here also. I had the 21" and cut it down to a 18". I have had less problems with buffeting and once again feel like I am riding a motorcycle.

John

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phil

6'1' here also. I had the 21" and cut it down to a 18". I have had less problems with buffeting and once again feel like I am riding a motorcycle.

John
+1, I know what you mean with that statement, I have a 18" alley cat I use for summer and all its good for is keeping the cig. butts and bugs off, best of both worlds. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm 5'11" and went from 21" to 19" Memphis fats. It took a little adjusting the angle of the shield to get it just right, but now the air flow is perfect. Passes right over my helmet. No buffeting and I get a much better view of the road. My 2 cents.

No regrets!

jp

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Im 6'1" with a mustang seat and Ive been using a ms fats 21" and just got a heck of a deal on a ms fats 19" solar, (thanks opvtx) and was wondering if anybody had gone from 21 to 19 and regretted it . thanks
I had the sames shield son my ex-Aero 750 - 21" MS Fats, 19" MS Fats, and a 17" MS. Only the 21" provided relief from helmet buffeting and I'm only 5'7".

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have been running a 21" and just ordered the replacement shield in 19 since I added the apes and ultimate lowrider I can't see over my shield at all.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm close to 6'4" but most of that is legs so I sit lower than you might think. I have a 21" MS Fats and it took awhile to get the adjustment right (looking over the top, no buffetting) but after that, it's been perfect. Hey, if you already ordered it, now you have "options"! Good Luck!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm only 5'10", with the mustang seat, I've got a 17". Can see over the top in the rain. Doc

·
Registered
907 Posts
Memphis Shade

I have a 21" MS Fats and was thinking about going to a 19". I am 6'0" and the 21" with a Mustang seat puts me looking through the shield instead of over it. Let me know TennX (old goat) how you like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
21 vs 19 MS

I am 5'9 riding a 1300R with the Ultimate X seat....The 19 inch MS allows me to just look over the top so I am not looking through the shield when riding. Seems to work fine. I think alot of the buffeting riders receive comes up from below the shield!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Put my new 19" fats shield on today and took a test ride to work what a differents it made the buffering from down under seemed alot less.

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Put my new 19" fats shield on today and took a test ride to work what a differents it made the buffering from down under seemed alot less.

Well I got my 19 mounted up and installed some new solar lowers, got the other stuff sold and Im feeling froggy , think I will check it out tom. have a good one.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm 6'0", with 34 inseam and just went to the Ultimate Big Boy seat and from my 19" to a 21" MS Fats....perfect combination, can see over by about three inches and no head buffeting. May have a 19" clear for sale in near future.

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TennX...did you get chance to try your new shield? I currently run with a 20 inch MS hot shot...but I'm thinking of changing to the 21 inch Fats. I'm 5'10" with a mustang seat.
I got a chance to try it out today and I couldnt tell any difference in the ride, it was all good no buffeting whatsoever, good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts