Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have the Memphis Fats 21" windshield, and it is too short. I am 6'4" have the Mustang Seat and the windshield comes to my chin when I sit comfortably. It is fine when it is clear outside and there is no bugs, but when I go 80+ or if there are bugs or it is raining it poses a problem.

Anyone heard about raising the mounts or adjusting the suspension, or something? I see Harley riders with huge F'n windshields and wonder why we don't have that option for the X.

Any suggestions besides crouching down would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
windshield

Do you have the windshield set forward. I got a little buffeting with mine set back to the middle of the top slot when I moved it to the outside edge of the slot where the adjustment back edge was flush with outside of the slot it's fine now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I had that problem. I set it forward (low) and the buffeting isn't bad, but I just wish it was taller.

I'm thinking of getting progressive shocks for the front, and lowering the rear. Maybe that'll help.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Call the folks at Memphis and ask them to cut you a 23"; worse thing they could say t'ya is "no".

prs

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Mine was too short too, until someone on the board told me to slide the shield back on the slots to decrease the angle. That seemed to raise it a couple inches! Doesn't seem possible. If you are getting buffetting you may need lowers that go all the way to the bottom of the shield.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts