Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
I have a 21inch wheel and it really close to the fender. You are probably going to have to fabricate/buy a new fender and make some adjustments.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
If you buying a HD spec wheel then your going to have to:

- Machine down the stock axle from .785" to .750" to fit the HD bearings
- Make Custom wheel spacers to center wheel
- Custom fender
- Get a HD front brake rotor for that wheel
- Use a aftermarket brake caliper with an one-off adapter

Sounds harder then it actually is....This is probably as simple as it gets for "Custom" work.

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you buying a HD spec wheel then your going to have to:

- Machine down the stock axle from .785" to .750" to fit the HD bearings
- Make Custom wheel spacers to center wheel
- Custom fender
- Get a HD front brake rotor for that wheel
- Use a aftermarket brake caliper with an one-off adapter

Sounds harder then it actually is....This is probably as simple as it gets for "Custom" work.
HE is right on Better to buy a wheel to fit unless you have the capability to modify!

I also agree on adding rake. I am planning on replacing my 21" and putting on a 23" soon with my 8*. I can then loose the Fork Extensions and put Fat Fork tubes on my Front end! I simply fabricate Fender Spacers so the Stock Fender will still fit!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Actually if you look at the auction, Its not a Harley specific wheel. Looks like they will build the wheel to suit your needs.

From the auction:

"*Note - Bearings can be changed for any model year bike, as well as a dual disc set-up, for no additional charge. Please specify year, and dual or single disc set-up when paying for the item."

And their site:

http://www.thomasonperformance.com/

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I'd say give the company a call and see what they can do for you...
Unless you absolutely have to have the look of that wheel...I would say just have RC Components make you a 23" or 26" wheel for your VTX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
23" Front Wheel Question. (Photos)

Hi everybody, Who knows if this 23" front wheel, fits on my VTX 1300R 2005, What do i Need, to make it fit ?? Thanks a lot, I enjoy this forum and i am learning many things about my bike. JC

I'm talking about this wheel. (Images Included)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160747350448?item=160747350448&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr
View attachment 27659 View attachment 27660 View attachment 27661 View attachment 27662
Where you able to put this in?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
sorry friend another moldy ,oldy....post is 8 years old......good luck
Amazes me that people do not see the dates! Or expect a member back then to still be around now.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Amazes me that people do not see the dates! Or expect a member back then to still be around now.
But u know I found myself commenting on a post the other day...DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I joined VTXOA in 2006 and I am still here. I don't participate as much as I once did but I've been riding my VTX with a grandson on his VTX lately. Yesterday we had a nice day trip into the mountains. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts