Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
UPDATE

I have no worries about the bike being fixed ! Like you said, thats what insurance is for. However, I would enjoy showing up at the azz hats door with a LEO and have that person explain to us why they thought they could damage my property and then get away with it by leaving the scene.There should have been no reason for this to happen but it did.I don't know why it happened,I did not see it happen.Accidents happen like it or not. But do not leave the scene. Take responsability for your actions ! Had I seen them hit and run my bike,I'm sure the heat of the moment would have taken over and there would have been a way different outcome.
As for the way I was parked. We were in a isle type parking space. The other vehicle was parked in a way that they could just pull out forward when leaving. I was parked behind them far enough that my back wheel was close to the entrance of my spot. Probably 6 or 7 feet away from the other vehicle.
SNUSH :thumbup:
Turns out that the total damages to my scoot were fairly high.
$5125.00 high. Thought they would total it at that estimate and mileage.
Front tire and tube, front fender, both forks, Rt.mirror, Rt. floor board, V&H exhaust, Hwy.bar, Kury pegs, saddle bags. Just got check in the mail today.( less deductable) Kinda glad they didn't total it. Took a long time to get it the way I wanted.

·
Registered
12,066 Posts
Turns out that the total damages to my scoot were fairly high.
$5125.00 high. Thought they would total it at that estimate and mileage.
Front tire and tube, front fender, both forks, Rt.mirror, Rt. floor board, V&H exhaust, Hwy.bar, Kury pegs, saddle bags. Just got check in the mail today.( less deductable) Kinda glad they didn't total it. Took a long time to get it the way I wanted.
Were the fork tubes bent? If so, you may want to have the neck & frame up front examined closer to make sure there was not internal (or external) damage that could get you later on.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Sorry to here this...hope you can get it fix up without a hassle from the insurance people...
tomb
Insurance company was great !:shock: Shop only had to fax the estimate and pic's to them. Everything was approved that day. I got check in the mail two days later. Dealer was even shocked at the ease and speed of the process.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Glad everything is working out for you and at least insurance is doing what they get paid for. Still nothing pisses me off more then cowardly hit and run. People that saw it and didn't call 911 are just as guilty IMHO.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Insurance company was great !:shock: Shop only had to fax the estimate and pic's to them. Everything was approved that day. I got check in the mail two days later. Dealer was even shocked at the ease and speed of the process.
:congrats: :firstplace: Who is your insurance???

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Damn if i wouldnt lose it on some one for being stupid and wrecking my bike . I have progressive insurance and a extra policy for accessories from them . Pretty cheap and it covers 6 grand of bling and paint. If i ever do need to use it i,m very well covered for a bike and all the goodies. :thumbup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
That happened to me once while I was at work, except the perp put the bike back on its stand and departed. I discovered a scratched tank and a broken brake lever and I knew what they'd done.

This weekend a buddy of mine wanted to go to the movies and ride our bikes there. No way in hell was I going to leave my bike unattended in a dark parking lot with a bunch of punks running around for two hours.

Sorry that happened to you.

Rockroll

41 - 53 of 53 Posts