Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a last minute ride to Vandiver, Alabama Saturday to check out this little place I read about on the internet. I may say that 29 Dreams is all the advertisement say it is. It is the cleanest campground you will ever stay at. I was very impressed by all aspects of the place. I was able to get a last minute cancelation on a cabin so I went on a last minute whim. All you have to do is show up. There were towels, shampoo, toothpaste ,ect ...in the bathhouse,meals were cooked up at the lounge and alcoholic beverages dispensed,what else could a tired biker want? And the riding, let me tell you, it was as beautiful a place as any motorcycle has traveled. The road to Leeds will challange the sportsbiker in all of us. The area just begs you to lay down the miles. I rode almost 390 miles to get there , checked in got back on the bike and burnt 2 more tanks of gas that evening.
Lots of bikes and friendly riders all having a great time. I am going back in May.

·
Registered
653 Posts
An acquaintence of mine, a guy named Walter rides a Honda (?) F4Xi 600 to the Hoot and has stayed there going and coming back. He is a fan of 29 Dreams too.

If my schedule permits, I will try to get up to the Hoot and stay at it too.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Dave,

I rode with Walter Sunday to Red Bluff. He and I ride with a Sunday breakfast bunch. We toured all over that part of Mississippi yesterday. Left Met at around 8am got back in at 5. We went thru towns I had never heard of and Iam from McComb Mississippi.

It was a great ride and fun crowd.

Kelly

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sticks

Didn't know you were from McComb. I hunted extensively near Homesville and around Topisaw up toward Ruth. Lots of good riding in that area. Just watch for deer. I'm going to have to get with you and see if we can plan a trip up there. I am just full up for the next 3 weeks. Rode thru a set of tires and need to replace them before Mothers Day.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ride

Its been awhile since I hunted in Homesville. Used to have an Aunt and Uncle that lived there and my dad and I used to squirrel hunt there when I was a kid. Alot of my ancestors are buried in Homesville Cemetary up on hill.

I went thru there Friday. Went to visit my mom in McComb and went there by way of Folsom and Tylertown route. Nice riding thru country.

·
Registered
653 Posts
That patch of road is the secret to un-cupping your tires. Scrubbed mine off. Then I (and still do) pumped them up to 40-41 psi. No problems since.

I talked with Walter at the Dock several times. He was riding a yellow F4Xi last time I saw him. It was on a Wednesday night about 9 months ago. I liked him. Surprising guy. I haven't ridden with him, but if you kept up with him... THEN you broke the law. :lol:

I am still offshore, but I get to come in this Wed. whooppeee !! 40 out of the last 43 days. I've had enough. I am ready to ride.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
RIde

I guess its the same Walter. He is riding a 2004 Red Double R now. Seems llike he gets a different bike ever so often. Lives out off Canal Blvd somewhere.

If I had to be off 40 days would have to find a way to get my bike out there or hey maybe get one of those pocket rockets and ride around in circles on the rig.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't know Walter, but he sounds like a great guy.
CoonAss :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
You both are. 8)

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow night. The wife understands, even in light of my recent extended absence. She gets me ALL next week.

My summer duds are Red, White and Blue(jeans).LOL I didn't even think about that before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts