Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd annual poker run (revised)

8/4/2012 registration starts 9:15 am ksu 1030 am-My father passed away of lung cancer after a short hard fight of 4 months. Watching the strongest man I've ever met become weak, was a painful reminder of the bad things that are out there, lung cancer is one of the fastest growing deadly cancers yet its the least funded.Feeling that, going through that with my family was pain that almost had a sound. As a family we started a motorcycle poker run not only because my father loved it but also because its something we all have in common. Please join us as we help fund the fight against lung cancer. This year we are changing the rules of our poker run, the final stop will be at locals bar and grill on rt 1 in north Hampton in the back parking lot with free lunch starting at 2:30 pm for registered drivers passengers and non participating motorcycle drivers and passengers can eat and enjoy the event for a 15$ donation there also will but great prizes raffles and 50/50s.we are reaching high this year and this is a cause that could help us all.
The ride-
The ride is more then 100 miles long starting at Rochester motorsports on rt 11 in rochester then north to 28 to the alton circle through epsom circle west 202 to Irving/ circle k nort. hwood to pick up 2nd card. Then to 46 connecting to 107/27 to Raymond Irving/ circle k to pick up 3rd card.back to 107 through fremont to 111 Kingston through the town of exeter meeting 85 -87 - to a back road connecting to 152 to newmarket Irving/ circle k for 4th card. 108- swamscott rd - rt 33 -151 Greenland- breakfast hill end of breakfast hill we'll be taking a right on to rt 1 150 feet to LOCALS restaurant and pub on the left
For more info visit us on Facebook o http://WWW.Facebook.com/tree.gleep r our own website WWW.errolbensonpokerrun.bbnow.org

Attachments

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
no offense but how many times are you going to post the same thing???

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
No problem errol, your just bumping it up to the forfront. I`ll try to make the ride. It`s a good thing the ride isn`t on the 9th. The toy run is on that date, and most of us attend that ride, as the NH VTX Riders group has been a cosponsor for the past few years. You should check that ride out if you can.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem errol, your just bumping it up to the forfront. I`ll try to make the ride. It`s a good thing the ride isn`t on the 9th. The toy run is on that date, and most of us attend that ride, as the NH VTX Riders group has been a cosponsor for the past few years. You should check that ride out if you can.
I'll go. How do I fund info ill get my group of people to go also. Our run is on the 4th

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
no offense but how many times are you going to post the same thing???
Canyon, do you ever just think about the stuff that pops out of your mouth?? I have had it with your negitive comments, if it's not about how we ride, where we ride..if someone has to work and can't make a ride it's something else..this group has ridden together for years without picking on someone unless it's good natured..it's not who we are or what wer'e about..so if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!! And don't think I'm picking on you either, I'd blast anyone of our group, if they started being unkind...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Canyon, do you ever just think about the stuff that pops out of your mouth?? I have had it with your negitive comments, if it's not about how we ride, where we ride..if someone has to work and can't make a ride it's something else..this group has ridden together for years without picking on someone unless it's good natured..it's not who we are or what wer'e about..so if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!! And don't think I'm picking on you either, I'd blast anyone of our group, if they started being unkind...
I didn't realize I was being redundant, I appreciate the comment this poker run is turning into a full time job and I want to tell people about it- no offence taken
on my part

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
My negative comments? This was the only one that is close to being negative. I asked why he keeps posting the same thing over and over again.

Unless my comments about how I would rather ride the country roads vs the highway are also negative comments? I give T-bones a hard time in jest. I'm fairly certain he knows that.

Or maybe it's the joking about "getting lost" that is upsetting you? Hell...I'm just jumping on that wagon too.

Didn't realize I was pissing anyone off. Pardon me for trying to joke around like everyone else does. Though I don't think I give it out unless I have spoken to you personally first. I could be wrong though.

Wow, what an eye opener... Sorry.

Oh... I DID say "no offense"... Like I originally said, I was just asking why the same post over and over and over again.
Now I understand why my question about where and when the Americade Day trippers were meeting went unanswered and a new thread started.

.....I'll take my ball and go play somewhere else.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Errol no problem with the reposting , it tends to get pushed down with other new post. On the right below the icons just click more and look for this one:bump: then it moves it to the to remind us it's coming up. Thats what that one is for. Hope the ride is a success :thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I'm guilty of creating second or third new post for the same event or ride.
Actually, Ive seen some doing it more recently, post and then post and then post about the same event or ride. But its alright, no one gonna give them a Hard time.
Hey just to remind you guys "I love ya, man!" thats to everyone.

So....who is riding with me tomorrow? thought this thread might get more attention than mind thread. lol8):lol:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm guilty of creating second or third new post for the same event or ride.
Actually, Ive seen some doing it more recently, post and then post and then post about the same event or ride. But its alright, no one gonna give them a Hard time.
Hey just to remind you guys "I love ya, man!" thats to everyone.

So....who is riding with me tomorrow? thought this thread might get more attention than mind thread. lol8):lol:
Thanx mike,and I hope to see everyone there

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Errol,
I'm sorry for your lost, that should have been my first response.
2ndly I'll try to make this ride.
And lastly, my apologies for asking you about forum etiquette rather than bumping your original thread. Who am I to police the forum?

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I will try

Should be able to make this, I to have lost family members to cancer, and some still battling it now.

Steve#3 8)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well save a spot for us. Got it marked on the calender. Sorry for your lost, I personally have lost both parents to this stuff. See you all then, if not sooner.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd love to go because both my parents (and countless other people I've known) have died of cancer. I also have good friends currently fighting the same battle.

My daughter has a State swim meet that day, so I'll have to see if I can somehow pull off both.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts