Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a bunch of stuff in the last week that I recieved or it's on it's way. The pipes I ordered 3 day priority I have not got a E-Mail that it's been shipped but did get a confermation. I alway's get a tracking # but this time nothing except the conformation and no tracking # plus the $$ is not out of my account. Has this happened to any one before. I ordered thursday and still nothing. I'm really bummed because I have a Dyno appointment for Tue and if the pipes are not here I have to wait 2 weeks before they can fit me in again. This is a product that was a must have and it looks like I'm going to be one very dissappointed camper. I could care a less about any other package but not this one.There I'm done venting for now. Hal e-mailed me back and said he would check Mon for me what's up. If it's there goof up I sure hope he helps me out and can over night it to me. I guess that's whay I get for tring to save a few $$$.

Steve

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
vtxed said:
I ordered a bunch of stuff in the last week that I recieved or it's on it's way. The pipes I ordered 3 day priority I have not got a E-Mail that it's been shipped but did get a confermation. I alway's get a tracking # but this time nothing except the conformation and no tracking # plus the $$ is not out of my account. Has this happened to any one before. I ordered thursday and still nothing. I'm really bummed because I have a Dyno appointment for Tue and if the pipes are not here I have to wait 2 weeks before they can fit me in again. This is a product that was a must have and it looks like I'm going to be one very dissappointed camper. I could care a less about any other package but not this one.There I'm done venting for now. Hal e-mailed me back and said he would check Mon for me what's up. If it's there goof up I sure hope he helps me out and can over night it to me. I guess that's whay I get for tring to save a few $$$.

Steve
I wish you luck, but you sure do like taking a risk. If you ordered Thursday, with 3-day shipping, the best you can hope for is that they arrive Tuesday. That's assuming that you ordered in time Thursday for them to get the order out that day. Otherwise, you may be looking at Wednesday.

If I was ordering stuff on Thursday that I needed for Tuesday, I would pay Overnight shipping, with Two-Day shipping as a big gamble.

Eddie

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
x

well I usually get my stuff in 3 days so I figured if I do the rush order it would be here sooner. I snooze i lose.

Steve

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
x

Acct charged tonight at 10:00 PM I still might be OK.

Steve

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
The 3-day priority is for shipping only....in other words, if the part isn't in stock, HDL cant ship it to you and guarantee it gets to you in 3 (business) days.....(saturdays are not business days in the UPS world)

Even if they WERE in stock and you ordered in time for them to ship on Thursday, you shouldn't get them until Tuesday IMHO......thats 3 business days.....you should get the shipment confrmation email with tracking info.....

But...that said....I have to agree with Eddie:
If hitting that Tuesday appointment was paramount, I would have gone with overnight....don;t forget you have to install the pipes....rushing installing would not be recommended......you can easily screw up something, like the bolts at the head. Take your time.

My advice: Reschedule the appointment. Two weeks wont hurt anything if you take it easy and have the stock airbox.

HDL ships EXTREMELY fast IMHO....I ordered a new tire, steering bearings, some grease and a couple other things when the 4th of July say was announced...I got the grease and tire in two days.....bearings on the 3rd.....brakes the next......still waiting for a small item,which they had to prder.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
x

The shop is also installing the pipes. Thanks guy's for the info .Also saw the guy that's dynoing my bike at a HD block party last night and he told me not to worry they will find time when the pipes arrive. ( He was feeling no pain when he said this so will see if he remembers.) If I have to wait I have to wait. My fault for the rush but you know how it is when you want something done to your bike. The only reason I tried to get the pipes here sooner is they had a cancellation for that day and time and when they called me to let me know they had an opening I thought just maybe I'll get lucky.

Steve VTXED

1 - 6 of 6 Posts