Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does that sound about right. Tried to keep a steady 3000 rpms and was averaging btw. 69-71mph going up,down and straight on I-70..solo. Bike also had same reading with gal pal on board. Rivco tach. This machine is totally awesome. Thanks for your imput. Ride safe, Gary

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I read on one of the threads you get approx 25 MPH
for every 1,000 RPM'S

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe that is on a completely stock bike w/o any add ons?? If thats the case shes right on then,right? Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
164 Posts
That's about what my C model runs at with an Cobra tach and stock tires.
Take care....Ed

·
Registered
103 Posts
The only mods that would affect RPM's vs MPH would be a gear ratio change, such as installing a 1300 final drive on an 1800, or a tire size change (diameter).

L

·
0 Posts
The only thing that can affect the speedo vs. RPM reading would be a change in the speed sensor or primary drive gear. Tite size will not affect the readings but will affect the actual speed the bike s traveling.

Lonewolf

L

·
0 Posts
Also,

Changing the final drive to the 1300 lower ratio unit will not affect the indicated speed vs RPM as the speed sensor is ahead of the final drive.

Lonewolf

·
Registered
695 Posts
Cobra tach

That's what mine reads ( COBRA TACH ) at 70MPH :lol:

VTXED Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
rpm

That's what mine read last week on the dyno.....70mph @ 3000 rpm. Also, in fourth gear, it hit the rev limiter at 107 mph. I thought that was interesting.
Ron
Atlanta

1 - 11 of 11 Posts