Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was up in Sedro Woolley for the 4th... spent a half hour that morning installing the new poly bushings I got from Gary, then my nephew(94 VF750 Magna)and I rode Chuckanut Drive. Great road... and a beautiful day. Returned to Sedro Woolley via highway 9. After a bbq, I hit highway 9 south down to highway 2, and did a 2 pass blast back to Ellensburg. It was a real good two days of riding, and the new bushings, and turning the shocks up to 3... huge difference. Hope everybody else had an equally good 4th! :D

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Nice ride!! I didn't even get out on my bike yesturday. Was too tired this morning to ride to work. After 2 weekends in a row of not getting much sleep I needed some down time so thats that I did for my 4th. I plan to ride this weekend. NOt sure where or when but somewhere. Most likely without my husband. He is planning on leaving for Selah then Spokane for the week with the other 2 girls.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
XRiderChuck said:
Was up in Sedro Woolley for the 4th... spent a half hour that morning installing the new poly bushings I got from Gary, then my nephew(94 VF750 Magna)and I rode Chuckanut Drive. Great road... and a beautiful day. Returned to Sedro Woolley via highway 9. After a bbq, I hit highway 9 south down to highway 2, and did a 2 pass blast back to Ellensburg. It was a real good two days of riding, and the new bushings, and turning the shocks up to 3... huge difference. Hope everybody else had an equally good 4th! :D
My 4th was awesome . . . . spent it at Lake Bosworth with friends and family, lots of BBQ and fire works, now (7/5/2007) I'm pulling the late shift till 11:00PM

·
Registered
33 Posts
I, too did the Chuckanut drive. I wanted to show off my new ride to my father in Bellingham, had lunch with my son, and headed back to Preston via the ever-so-fun I-5 corridor. I should have taken 9. :roll:

All in all a very fun day.

Ken

·
Registered
699 Posts
Went from Moses Lake through Wenatchee to Leavenworth and over Stevens Pass to Everett, Mukilteo, the ferry to the island, stopped at Fort Casey a bit, then at the ferry landing to Port Townsend met a guy on a Gold Wing who was from North Carolina, had just gotten divorced, retired, and was just riding wherever his front wheel led him, looking for a new place to live. Also met a guy who was headed the same direction I was (Sequim) on a Harley, and we rode from Port Townsend to Sequim with a side trip down to Gardiner Beach Rd. where the trolls live. Total of 8 hours on the road, 282 miles, and some of the most beautiful riding weather I have seen in a long time.

WJ

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
Took my daughter to her seasonal job at the fireworks stand in Renton. Then later I rode to work. I hate work on the holidays, at least they pay well :wink:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Sis from Ohio and I did the Spanaway-Chinook-Naches-White Pass-Elbe-Spanaway loop the Fourth......Sweet, as always :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
4th a plenty

Squirrely Shirley and I had a good ride on the 4th plus. Left Seattle late in the morning of the 4th headed to Mardon to meet up with friends. We were out on the lake by 3:30 and off to a dune via a ski boat sporting a 572 CI blown and on the bottle. Nasty fast! I'm wondering what it will take to make the X sound like that! Spent some fun and wet time running a borrowed Kawasaki 1200R jet ski at 50 to 60 mph in and out of dunes.

Cruised into Moses Lake on the X to dine and watch the local fireworks festivities. What a great thing they have going on over there, with a fun band, food booths, and a fireworks display that was of course, awesome!

Opted for the looong way home today, straight up 17 past Soap and Sun lakes, then west, west, west on 2. GD hot! Stripped out of the leathers in Cashmere and took a much needed rest and liquids. Stopped again in Lovinworth for jello, air conditioning, more liquids and food. 102 in Leavenworth at 4PM! Found mucho relief from the heat by the time we hit the ski resort, thankfully. We got a few very nice shivers before stopping for fuel and jackets in Goldbar. 522 outa Monroe, to 405 to 520 west and there ya go!

The new trees seem to be just great. Had a bit of slow wobble passing a truck and getting buffeted real hard in a turn at about 90 or so. Turn off to Mardon I ran her up to 110 and she didn't flinch. Since I rarely surpass 80, I'm sure we're good to go! It turns easier, and rides better too!

Oh, yeah, the saddle bags came in kinda handy (choke, cough).

See y'all at Mardon on the 14th!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts