Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie here !!! I wonder if you could offer me some advice ? I have a 2004 VTX1300S Retro (Spoked wheels) and am starting on a journey to customize it.

I have recently installed some Baron xtreme bars which look and feel great and have now purchased (but no installed) an 1800F rear 18” x 5.5”wheel witha 200/50/18 Metz tire and then just purchased a RC Hole shot 21” x 3.5 front wheel (Both wheels not installed on bike yet). Before I start the Foots mod or install the front wheel I really need advice on the rake. I really like the look of the 8 degree rake with 3 inch fork extensions and 10.5 rear lower shocks but before I purchase and install I need the bike to be safe from a trail numbers perspective. I am no trail numbers expert !:yikes:

Will this set up be safe is the question ? If yes, great Im going to buy the 8 degrees ! If no, are 7 degree rakes available and is that safe ? I know many will tell me go for 6 but im looking for the 8 degree look but know that im not going to end up slaiding down the highway on my a*s

Oh, also, can I use my fork chrome covers that are on the 1300R after install raked trees ? :doorag:

I really appreciate your help and advice folks.

View attachment 92518

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
welcome to the board from Texas. with a 21 inch front wheel and fork extensions with the rear end lowered you will be fine with an 8* rake if thats what you choose. however i'm not sure if your fork covers will be long enough for that much of extensions . my bike is a c model and doesn't have the covers .but i'm sure others will chime in and let you know on that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to the board from Texas. with a 21 inch front wheel and fork extensions with the rear end lowered you will be fine with an 8* rake if thats what you choose. however i'm not sure if your fork covers will be long enough for that much of extensions . my bike is a c model and doesn't have the covers .but i'm sure others will chime in and let you know on that.

Thanks Mike, can you let me know where you purchased your trees from an whether you would choose them again or go for a different brand ?

Your bike looks great !

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA from the Southeast corner of NC.

Sounds like you have everything going in the right direction with the mods. Make sure and post pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts