Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my 6 degree rake last week (it's the new version) and I got around to installing it today. Very easy to install and really a nice look. I took it for a short ride (weather isn't to good here today) and it handled great. You do sit a bit different with it installed. I was worried about my Phat Performance bars but they seemed to lay back just enough. I'll post some pics and update this thread when the weather breaks.

G

·
0 Posts
im toying w/the notion of getting a rake. May i ask where you got it and the price?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xtreme Revolution. They were great to deal with. $725 shipped

·
Registered
240 Posts
what rise did you go with???

did you go with the 6 or 8 inch rise on your bars? I can't seem to decide which one to go with....I also have raked 6 degree trees...so I can't wait to see your pics also....

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take pictures today provided the weather holds out.

G

·
0 Posts
looks good, BUT 6 degrees dont look like much! I must be greedy and want more of a rake.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
That does look good. How much did it drop your front end? :?:

·
Registered
770 Posts
tlrche said:
looks good, BUT 6 degrees dont look like much! I must be greedy and want more of a rake.
I think our wait is almost over. One of the guys on this list has left his X at Mortons Customs and they are designing 7degree trees with three inch extensions and it should be done any time now so you may get more rake soon.
I gotta say that even if it is only 1 degree more, with the fork extensions it looks like a lot more. I almost bought the 6degree trees cuz I ordered a 21" front wheel from RC and just that one inch lift with the 6degree trees looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I think 7 degrees would be to much for me, that looks sweet scoob, you've sold me on the 6s

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know I like it. I can't imagine that 1 more degree will make that much difference. Yes I've seen them on the Shadow but they already have more rake than our VTX's do. I doubt it'll look much different. I'm not sure how much it dropped my front end but I know it did. I have 1.5" lowered shocks on the back and it leveled it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts