Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make these? I thought someone did but can't find the culprit. Am I imagining this?
Gary

·
Registered
16,084 Posts
Usually for the retro guys just put on the C risers. Otherwise you have to change cables etc.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon's1800VTXC said:
Usually for the retro guys just put on the C risers. Otherwise you have to change cables etc.
I have no problem with changing what ever needs to be changed. I put 6 inch risers and Retro handle bars on my "C" and it is a perfect riding position for me. I put the 4 inch Aeromach risers on my "R" and it helped but not quite enough.

Gary

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looks like Aeromach also makes 6" risers for the retro:
AM-3680C 6" PULLBACK RISERS FOR VTX 1800R
They also sell 7" "chopper" style risers but don't specifically state that those will fit a Retro. They do state that these use M12 bolts, so it sounds like they should work.

If you're going to replace the 4" risers and want to get rid of them, pm me, I may be interested.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OR said:
Looks like Aeromach also makes 6" risers for the retro:
AM-3680C 6" PULLBACK RISERS FOR VTX 1800R
They also sell 7" "chopper" style risers but don't specifically state that those will fit a Retro. They do state that these use M12 bolts, so it sounds like they should work.

If you're going to replace the 4" risers and want to get rid of them, pm me, I may be interested.
Will do. Thanks for the info. I checked Aeromach's site but I must have missed it.

Gary

·
Registered
243 Posts
I put 6" risers on my 1300 - try Scootworks Phatt II risers. They're awesome!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
harris48cars said:
Jon's1800VTXC said:
I have no problem with changing what ever needs to be changed. I put 6 inch risers and Retro handle bars on my "C" and it is a perfect riding position for me. I put the 4 inch Aeromach risers on my "R" and it helped but not quite enough.

Gary
Gary, I am getting the Aeromach 4" risers also for my R, I am a hair over 5'8" and was wondering how tall you are. I am trying to avoid the cable switch outs if possible but trying to eleminate the back/shoulder cramping.
Barry

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW Barry, if you decide to get the 4" risers and haven't yet, I'll sell you mine. I'm sure they are in new condition. I'll check them over if you're interested.

Gary

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes I am interested, PM me with your cost and e mail,
Thanks, Barry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts