Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I did see them. If it was not for a sign stating that this was the location of the movie Giant I would have thought it was a abandoned farm/ranch. I want to get back to Big Bend next March/April.
Hopefully, the Mexican border crossing will be open and you can visit Boquillas del Carmen. I also highly recommend the Fort Davis Loop, (better, I believe, than the 3 Twisted Sisters in Leakey) and the giant spring-fed pool at Balmorhea State Park. Also, be sure to treat yourself to the four area historic, restored, full-service hotels designed by architect Henry Trost: The Gage in Marathon, the Holland in Alpine, the Paisano in Marfa, and the el Capitan in Van Horn. You'll drop some moderate coin, but I swear, it's like time traveling.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hopefully, the Mexican border crossing will be open and you can visit Boquillas del Carmen. I also highly recommend the Fort Davis Loop, (better, I believe, than the 3 Twisted Sisters in Leakey) and the giant spring-fed pool at Balmorhea State Park. Also, be sure to treat yourself to the four area historic, restored, full-service hotels designed by architect Henry Trost: The Gage in Marathon, the Holland in Alpine, the Paisano in Marfa, and the el Capitan in Van Horn. You'll drop some moderate coin, but I swear, it's like time traveling.
I was in Big Bend 6 weeks ago. I have been to most of these places back 2006 when the wife and I traveled through. One of my favorites places was a stay in Langry Texas.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
What kind of camera do you have? Can you post pictures of your setup?
I myself also have a $40 GoPro knockoff from Vamazon. No pictures, sorry. But I installed it on my front lightbar with a single wing bolt and hooked it up via a micro-USB cable to my hidden USB adapter (which I occasionally use for my phone for GPS directions etc).

·
Registered
92 Posts
I loaded more pictures. But I found I did not take as many pictures as usual when I am riding this other folks. I just enjoyed the country side and kept riding.
I hope to put a ride report together, just so I can remember what it did. Which I should get going on before I forget.

Ride Safe.
I use my phone to upload video, photos, and descriptive narration to TUMBLR.COM as I tour. Then it's easily converted into a reverse chronological multimedia blog. TUMBLR.COM can also simultaneously forward your posts to Facebook and/or Twitter if you choose to do so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What kind of camera do you have? Can you post pictures of your setup?
It is a HaloCam M1. Has front and rear cameras and works very well. Mine is an older one and the control box is not waterproof. The new ones are totally waterproof. Here is a youtube vid of it, it is not mine but gives the info needed.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I spliced a bunch of videos together of my ride this summer. At the start of almost each segment I have text that tells approximately where that segment was recorder. There is no color commentary, just video. For Christmas I purchased a new camera for the bike, A gopro so I hope to have nice videos in the future.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts