Honda VTX Forum banner

6 Weeks 3 Days

4K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  VTXer_wannaB 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently retired so set out on a little trip. Left May 14, and returned home June 28. I stopped in and visited friends and family along the way and met some really nice people. Out of the 6+ weeks there was 15 days I did not ride.

This link shows the route I rode.

I have some pictures uploaded of the second day. The first days was Phoenix to El Paso and don't have pictures of that day.

Ride Safe.

See less See more
#2 ·
Currently setting up a 2 weeks+ Adventure down through Louisiana thru Texas then up to Colorado then over to Idaho. It be 2 vtxs and a mtO7. Not got everything dialed in yet, but it looks like the last week of august thru the first week or so of September. Last 3 week adventure was in May-June of 2018. Need to wear out some more tires.
.. . .Mike(TTT)

#3 ·
Remember pix or it didn't happen!

Reactions: TTT
#5 ·
Long ride, interesting places and rides.
Once you got onto US 129 near the Little Tennessee River and traveled SE to Fontana Dam and beyond you were in the area I have traveled frequently. In Clayton I see you headed
to SC then over Lake Hartwell.
I use GA77 or GA17. Royston is home to Ty Cobb. Never knew until I rode through there.
Madison, GA had a fiber route in that area. I take US 278 instead of I20 most of the time.
Covington, GA may go there for fireworks tomorrow. Brown's Bridge rd to GA20/GA212
just 5.7 miles from the house. GA 20 the round-a-bout at East Lake and Airline Rd are my
most common roads going south.
Been to Ranburne a few times going to Mt. Cheaha, AL. Rocket city(HNVIAL). My son and I went to Nashville and came down Natchez Trace, US 72 to HNVIAL.
Looks like you had a great ride!

#7 ·
You came within a mile and a half of my house in Lexington! How many miles did you put on the bike?

#11 ·
First of all, congratulations on your retirement. Jealous. :)
Second of all, when people say "I took a trip", they usually end up going 1 or 2 states over. You toured half the country! Definitely a very long ride. Must have been interesting planning with weather etc. Unless you didn't care and just rode through all the rain.
And third, I agree with others here, we definitely need more pictures! (y)

#12 ·
And third, I agree with others here, we definitely need more pictures!
I loaded more pictures. But I found I did not take as many pictures as usual when I am riding this other folks. I just enjoyed the country side and kept riding.
I hope to put a ride report together, just so I can remember what it did. Which I should get going on before I forget.

Ride Safe.

#14 · (Edited)
LOL, I saw the photographer. I did go look later at the US129 website. I was the first cursier/tourer category photo of the day. I left Kick Stand Campground early, hoping to beat some rain. I was raining at Fontana Dam. You can see that the wind shield is wet. It was a wet day. I holed up in Maryville TN that day drying out.

#21 ·
Hopefully, the Mexican border crossing will be open and you can visit Boquillas del Carmen. I also highly recommend the Fort Davis Loop, (better, I believe, than the 3 Twisted Sisters in Leakey) and the giant spring-fed pool at Balmorhea State Park. Also, be sure to treat yourself to the four area historic, restored, full-service hotels designed by architect Henry Trost: The Gage in Marathon, the Holland in Alpine, the Paisano in Marfa, and the el Capitan in Van Horn. You'll drop some moderate coin, but I swear, it's like time traveling.

#29 · (Edited)
I spliced a bunch of videos together of my ride this summer. At the start of almost each segment I have text that tells approximately where that segment was recorder. There is no color commentary, just video. For Christmas I purchased a new camera for the bike, A gopro so I hope to have nice videos in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.