Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time rider (60+ years) I have all kinds of bikes,many Harley's, several Honda's etc. Harley's are the only one's that have been problematic, but I loved all of them. This will be my last bike, for sure. I have tuned it up some, Bub's pipes, jetted,and K&N filter,risers, grips with boss. Windshield/lowers. Changed all the fluids. I am a bike mechanic,so it was easy. Thanks for letting me in to this forum.

·
Old Goat
24,079 Posts
Welcome and inquiring minds want to know what bike u talkin about ....:thumbup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia. Enjoy your new bike. Looking forward to learning from your experience as a mechanic.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Hello Earl, welcome to the VTXOA!
2003 1300 was the only year with an electric fuel pump.
If you have fuel issues convert to gravity flow. 04 and later are gravity flow.

Clean and lube: shifter pedal, starter switch(info in Step by Step board), turn signal switch will need same thing.

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Welcome to the VTXASG (VTX Addition Support Group) .... where we gladly support each other's addiction. :D

Sounds like you need ZERO help with your addiction, you got it covered!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, but I have done all of the above, I also cleaned the turn signal switch, it was a little sticky the 1st week of ownership. It really runs great now. Bub's exhaust sound awesome to my old ears.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
It always makes me happy to welcome somebody older than myself(65yr) as a new VTX rider:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts