·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One intake valve was just out if specs.
Rear brake fluid a little low
Coolant a little low.
Liked my LED setup
First 1800 with sideburners he had riden. (Loved the sound)
Made sure I was going to change plugs
Asked about my engine oil and drive oil (I use Amsoil)

That is why I took the bike to the little Honda shop in town instead of the big time stealership.

Total cost $170

G

·
Good deal!
I have a "pit Pass" that give me all the servces for the first 3 yrs and basically a 2 yr extended warrenty. Mine would have been $465. I had them put Amsoil in this time and I had to pay difference between Dino and Synt. But I do feel the $27 was wprth it!
Anyway they changed my plugs in my service as part of the deal and did all you listed so I guess they did it right...
Who Knows???
Anyway bike seems to sound better since the service maybe the valves were a little out..

·
Registered
28 Posts
72chevyman said, That is why I took the bike to the little Honda shop in town instead of the big time stealership.

Did you take it to Motorsports?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Motorsports. Another reason is I called on Tuesday to get an appt. They said how about Thursday morning. I said no can do, but Thursday night so it can cool and you all can have it all Friday.

The other guys said, next week sometime

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
'Next week some time' ain't bad. The only reputable stealer near me has earliest appointments 4-5 weeks out for the rest of the summer. :x

·
Registered
676 Posts
72chevman said:
One intake valve was just out if specs.
Rear brake fluid a little low
Coolant a little low.
Liked my LED setup
First 1800 with sideburners he had riden. (Loved the sound)
Made sure I was going to change plugs
Asked about my engine oil and drive oil (I use Amsoil)

That is why I took the bike to the little Honda shop in town instead of the big time stealership.

Total cost $170
The plugs are only good for 8000 miles??? I still hve my originals in at 33,500 miles, and the bike never fails to start right up? My Ford Ranger is 9 years old, still has the original plugs? Plugs should last longer than that, especially when they are upwards of $40 bucks a piece!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts