Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I must say that the special pricing on all the bikes plays a big roll on sales. The 1300's are selling like crazy due to the value for the dollar and great bike it is. The 1800's are not collecting dust either, with the cash-back and price you'd be lucky to find a 03 sitting anywhere, and for a bit more than the 1300 you can move right onto one.

So your answer is both are selling fast but right now they are building the snot out of the 1300's in Ohio. Saw that in Marysville a couple weeks back.

Don

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
They are selling. The place I got mine last month sold 50 in one day and it is not a large shop. The club I ride with also has more 1800s than any other bike and not a single 1300. So yea they are selling, I'm just glad they made a bunch of them. Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
also the 1800 is a big a$$ bike..its not for everyone. if thats the only bike selling then honda would discontinue the rest, but i doulbt the 1800 is a bike for the average rider. im 6'1 230 and respect the weight and size of this machine. There are still alot of riders that think a 750 is a big bike and fear a bike the size of the 1800......

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree with OrlandoDon. I never would have considered the X because of the size (engine & weight) and the price tag. Since the price tag came down to my reach, I decided to go for it. It is an awesome ride, especially coming from an 800cc Volusia. I am very happy with my decision to purchase the X.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bought my 1800C last October. Hadn’t riddin for over 20 years, when I was riding I had a Triumph 650 and then a Honda GL1000. Always thought I wanted a Harley, but just way, way to expensive. I have never been on a Harley before a few months ago when a buddy of mine bought a new Fat Boy. I got use to the size my bike real quick and never gave its size a second thought, until one day my buddy wanted to swap bikes for a short ride. “Holly Mini Bikes “ – Did that big Harley feel tiny. I really don’t think I would ever want to own Harley now, because the VTX has just plain spoiled me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
VTX 1800 Prices

I heard somebody mention in another thread somewhere that they were seeing New 2003 VTX 1800's going for $7800. I thought I got a great deal on mine but I am no where near the $7800 dollar mark. If you don't mind my asking and without pissing everyone off who has paid more than this.

What are they currently going for at your local dealerships?

·
Registered
173 Posts
VTX 1800 Prices

I heard somebody mention in another thread somewhere that they were seeing New 2003 VTX 1800's going for $7800. I thought I got a great deal on mine but I am no where near the $7800 dollar mark. If you don't mind my asking and without pissing everyone off who has paid more than this.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Re: VTX 1800 Prices

greenmachine! said:

I had to drive 6 hours, but I got mine from Southern Honda in Chattanooga for $7499 out the door. Black '03 1800c

·
Registered
52 Posts
I paid 10K for both of mine in May.. At the time that was a killer deal, now only a select few dealers are giving the ~$7200 deal. Most dealers are still at the 10Kish price range.

Granted I woulda saved about 6k, but I am no way bitter about the new deals at 7k mark. The 1800 IS STILL a great bike for 10K.

Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bought my 2003 Silver Retro with the Honda Delux Backrest and VTX Trim, Honda Light Bar, and Honda Luggage Rack, 2 matching helmets, and 2 pair of leather gloves, 10,399 out the door licensed and titled, bought it July 2nd from Beaverton Honda in Beaverton, Oregon...

·
Registered
127 Posts
BigJeffVTX said:
I paid 10K for both of mine in May.. At the time that was a killer deal, now only a select few dealers are giving the ~$7200 deal. Most dealers are still at the 10Kish price range.

Granted I woulda saved about 6k, but I am no way bitter about the new deals at 7k mark. The 1800 IS STILL a great bike for 10K.

Jeff
1800 is a great bike for $10k,even for $13k, upgrade a harley to match the 1800's specs and your over $20k. Add big bore kit, Cast wheels, chrome, fuel injection.duel front disk etc...shipping, prep, dealer markup!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
OrlandoDon said:
also the 1800 is a big a$$ bike..its not for everyone. if thats the only bike selling then honda would discontinue the rest, but i doulbt the 1800 is a bike for the average rider. im 6'1 230 and respect the weight and size of this machine. There are still alot of riders that think a 750 is a big bike and fear a bike the size of the 1800......
"also the 1800 is a big a$$ bike..its not for everyone"

i don't think anybody would be intimidated by the size of the X. Such a big bike doesn't mean it's only good for bigger/taller people. I'm 5-5, 140lbs and i ride my X easily, race with any other bikes once a while (i usually smoke them out). I choose my X because of it's power and good styling adding Honda's marked for reliability. Anyway, that's me and everybody does think differently.

Have a fun ride!!!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bought my 1800C end of June and paid $9,500 with tax, prep, license. Bought an 1800R in July in Iowa and paid $8,144, $700 for tax and $103 for license. Still a great deal! Average used retail value is still around $10.5 (stock).

BTW...shouldn't this be on the general board?

·
Registered
127 Posts
GANNOL said:
OrlandoDon said:
"also the 1800 is a big a$$ bike..its not for everyone"

i don't think anybody would be intimidated by the size of the X.

quote]

funny, ive had 3 harley riders tell me it was a big a$$ bike....never say anybody, that bike would scare the hell out of alot of people...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hate You!

Wow, I just bought mine 2 mo ago. Paid $10.5. I thought that this was a great deal. If you got yours for under $8K you should be elated.

BTW: Silver Retro,
I also bought mine from Beaverton Honda and felt lucky to get one as they were fly'en out the door the Saturday I was there. Of course I paid a little more for the Uranium green but it was worth to me.

Thanks for everyone's comments. and yes this probably should have been on the general board. Just couldn't help but ask the question.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts