Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 4th of July always brings bad memories for me, I was 14 and my parents was out partying across town with some friends.. My parents both rode bikes for years and so did I.. But on this day the wild child I was decided to take out on dads bike without permission, big mistake..
I ended up hooking up with some of my buddies with bikes, we picked up some girls from our school and headed off down the road, I made a big rookie mistake and ran a stop sign on top of a blind hill around a corner I hit a car head on!! :shock: Police said it was about a 60 MPH impact that sent Katrina the girl I had on back though the passenger side windshield and into the back seat. I was caught between the car and the bike on impact that compound fractured my left femur and flipped me over the car into the hot asphalt payment with my femur exposed out of the side of my leg..

Katrina's injury's put her into a coma for three weeks, her scull was cracked from the top of her head to her left ear with many cuts and bruises.. She came out of coma six weeks later and was out of the hospital in 4 weeks, she's def in her left ear to this day.. She's also gay now, sure hope that wasn't my fault too..

As for me I ended up laying on the hot payment for over an hour before another ambulance arrived, my parents couldn't be found at first but they beat me to the hospital somehow?!

I spent the first 7 weeks in traction, another 4 weeks in a bodycast before being realest to go home for another 6 weeks in the bodycast before I got a full leg cast for another 5 weeks.. Before I was walking on my own again it was cold and snowing....

Even that we're all grown up now lets all be careful out there....

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Oh Man :shock: :shock: I am very surprised U lived threw something like that... Soooo How Mad was your Dad after all was said and done???

Do U still keep in contact with Katrina???

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
BDC,

We all make mistakes. At least both of you are alive and have lived reasonably normal lives.

I have one question: Were the both of you wearing helmets? Just curious.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kevin Kuiper said:
Soooo How Mad was your Dad after all was said and done???

Do U still keep in contact with Katrina???
Yeah, he was pissed Kevin, wouldn't you be? I totaled his bike and he sold my moms bike that next summer just to make sure I didn't do it again..

Katrina was OFF LIMITS to quote her father, it was 5 years later before I saw her again, her dad realized it was me chased me away.. I can't blame him, I almost killed his daughter... :(

Joe T said:
BDC,

We all make mistakes. At least both of you are alive and have lived reasonably normal lives.

I have one question: Were the both of you wearing helmets? Just curious.
No sir, we wasn't...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Thanks for the reminder BDC.

I'm definitely a believer in learning from other people's mistakes....cause we won't live long enough to make them all ourselves.

Here's mine:

I was 16 and had taken to driving my ford ranger 5 speed, with 50 series tires/wheels on it like I was Bo & Luke Duke...

I could do nice power slides, J turns, drifting (in 1986 before the word existed in popular culture) in that little truck.

I ended up rolling the truck a couple of blocks from the highschool. I was going a little too fast on a j-turn attempt, over rotated and as soon as the outside wheels touched the curb, over we went.

Me and Marcus laughed are asses off, while hanging from our seatbelts.

-until we remembered that Marcus' brother Anthony was in the back of the truck!!!

We both remembered simultaneously looked at each other (hanging upside down) and yelled in unison: ANTHONY!!!!!!!!

I was sure I'd killed him. Then I saw a pair of tennies walk up to the passenger window, and then a head popped in view. "Hey guys, what the hell?!" It was Anthony. He had popped out the bed of the truck into the grass, not a scratch on him.

As much trouble as I got in because of that, I'll always be thankful that I didn't have to tell his Dad that I killed him.

e

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
It's probably a good thing you were already in Traction...
It saved your Dad the trouble of putting you there himself.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Man I hear ya !!!! I'm glad no one died.

I'm in the hospitle now and will be for months. When I wrecked and the ambulance ppl were doing what they do to get me in the chopper I was asking about Vicki (gf) they went looking for her.

Thank God she was not with me on the bike. They called the name vicki that was in my cell and ask her alot of questions trying to figure out who she was to me.

Dude I can not tell you what I would done to myself if I would have hurt her in that wreck. I just get all messed up when I think about it.

She always rode with me, ALWAYS........

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yes, it is your fault she is gay now :D j/k

We have all done our share of stupid stuff some just had better or worse results then others.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I thought you were going to say that you said

" I do "

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Two words..."Excrement Occurs"

No rhyme, no reason, no excuses. Plenty of causal-factors to be sure, but in the end, excrement simply occurs and we either survive it or we don't. "God" and "Satan" have nothing to do with any of it, one way or the other...and, yeah, I know, opinions vary. Ride safe, ride often. 8)

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was racing down the Hiway in my 82 Corvette thru traffic when the guy I was racing lost control, causing me to loose control.
I was soon going backwards on Hwy 183 almost in front of Texas Stadium, at just over 100mph. I took out a Cadillac as well as totaling my just over a year old Vette.
No one was hurt, Thank God. And speaking of him and how he works in mysterious ways,,,,,,
I was not the marrying type.
After this awakening I realized the person that stood beside me during my lowest point was my girlfriend.
I asked her to marry me and she did while I was going thru some court battles and law suites over the whole thing.
She said yes :shock: and we did, and it, among the other things settle me down.
I doubt I would be here today if that hadn't happen. I was pretty wild.
We will celebrate our 22nd year of marriage on the 27th of this month along with our 2 daugthers and 6 month old grandson.
It turns out that wreck was the best thing that ever happened to me.
The guy riding with me that night didn't turn gay though. :wink:
Bobby, how many other girls have you been with are now gay?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am glad that no one was killed. You’re both where very lucky.

Well let me tell you of one close call that still sticks
in my head to day. Back in 1987 when I finish high School
I bought a Yamaha Vision 550. They only made the bike for
two years and I know why.

I was riding with some friends two of them took off and you know
what happens next I took off after them I had my eye on some
road kill in my lane and was not watching the other bikes a head of
me when I looked up there they where almost at a stop.
I was on top of them in a flash. I put on the breaks and the bike
started to slide sideways. I let off the breaks at the last moment to get
the bike back straight. I went right between the two bike and
we where all in the same lane. :shock:

I had alot of problems out of the bike only got to ride it for about
two summers. I am sure that saved my life at the time I was young
and stupid.

By the way I love the women washing the car. :D

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
...thank you for sharing your painful story...it is important to remember and to share...not motorcycle related, but vehicular: on April 28, 1978 at 3:56 AM my friend was too drunk to drive his Opel GT, so, seemingly less drunk than he was, I "did him a favor." The favor I did resulted in the car flipping over three times and his body being thrown 50 feet from the car into a graveyard, where they finally found him...he was in a coma for 18 days; he lost a kidney, his spleen, and had multiple compound leg fractures, skull fractures, and innumerable other injuries. They did not expect him to live, but he did; and his level of functioning is roughly equivalent to someone who had a massive stroke (paralysis on right side, and the mental ability of about a 12 year old). Wishing I was dead did not help; I had fractured my back, clavical, and nose along with paralyzing my right arm (took months before I could walk again, but who cared, not me at the time). From the blur of those months in the hospital, all I could think was that I wish I were dead. Took many years of drinking to finally hit the lowest of lows and realize that all the booze in the world would never wash away the reality of that night and the aftermath of my friend's existence...we all have our crosses to bear, the tough part is finding what good could come from the experience; what positive action to create from a hellish situation and make the world a bit better...if telling a story touches one other person and helps them think twice about getting behind a wheel, or onto a motorcycle after drinking; if just some small bit of good comes from the depths of what someone else has endured, then at least there is some fragment of meaning and purpose with which to go on...

thank you again for sharing with us...ride safe...

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys, that's not even the worst accident I have had.. :shock:

In Aug 92 I flipped a truck doing 90 MPH after creaming into a bar-ditch which through the truck and me down a 75 foot embankment after it ejected my best friend Stevie... We should have both died..

I think I'll post that story around Aug 17th.. It was another long hospital stay...:shock:

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Damn it Man :shock: :shock: I Guess U are down to what, 7 lives :wink: U Be Safe, OK!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
BDC, trying to kill his daughter is one thing, but turning her gay! No wonder he wanted to kill you. How's he gonna have grandkids now???

Triker, it's an Opel GT. I mean, come on, the thing was going to go over sometime. That's like expecting a Pinto not to explode. :lol:

All my accidents (that sounds bad, doesn't it?) have happened when i've been driving cautiously and slow. It's still a mystery to me why.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
BDC said:
The 4th of July always brings bad memories for me, I was 14 and my parents was out partying across town with some friends.. My parents both rode bikes for years and so did I.. But on this day the wild child I was decided to take out on dads bike without permission, big mistake..
I ended up hooking up with some of my buddies with bikes, we picked up some girls from our school and headed off down the road, I made a big rookie mistake and ran a stop sign on top of a blind hill around a corner I hit a car head on!! :shock: Police said it was about a 60 MPH impact that sent Katrina the girl I had on back though the passenger side windshield and into the back seat. I was caught between the car and the bike on impact that compound fractured my left femur and flipped me over the car into the hot asphalt payment with my femur exposed out of the side of my leg..

Katrina's injury's put her into a coma for three weeks, her scull was cracked from the top of her head to her left ear with many cuts and bruises.. She came out of coma six weeks later and was out of the hospital in 4 weeks, she's def in her left ear to this day.. She's also gay now, sure hope that wasn't my fault too..

As for me I ended up laying on the hot payment for over an hour before another ambulance arrived, my parents couldn't be found at first but they beat me to the hospital somehow?!

I spent the first 7 weeks in traction, another 4 weeks in a bodycast before being realest to go home for another 6 weeks in the bodycast before I got a full leg cast for another 5 weeks.. Before I was walking on my own again it was cold and snowing....

Even that we're all grown up now lets all be careful out there....
If it had been my old Man
he would have been mad as hell
that he had to wait 16 weeks to put me back in the hospital :wink: :lol:

and yes the fact that she is gay is all your fault
she knew you was going to grow up to be a purse carring twinky :twisted:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.