Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you already know, Dave, Nickie and their family was in a pretty serious roll-over crash a few days ago. Also, as most of you know, Dave is usually the first one to jump to the aid of anyone who needs it - from a ride or a tow or hauling something - he's always there for us.

Well, after talking with him at length it seems that there is one way we can all help them get through these tough times. Dave has most of the bases covered and he's going to be pulling double duty until Nickie's mom arrives in the middle of February to help. The one way I'm speaking of is to help them with a couple of meals each week.

So - for any of you who are so inclined, I'll try to keep this a coordinated effort. Karen and I will cook some meals that are bigger than we need for the 5 of us and make sure they're covered (2 adults and three small children). Also - if anyone is interested, you can send any contributions to me for "Dinner's ready". There's one right around the corner from their place. Then Dave can just run around the corner and pick up an entire meal that's already prepared. Lastly, if anyone is interested, we (you) can coordinate some pre-prepared meals of our own and either freeze them or get things timed right to get delivered over there.

For anyone who can help, please send me an email at [email protected]. It's much easier than sending PMs all the time.

Thanks, in advance, and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
:agree: I'm in... check your email. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Pink email sent:thumbup:

cheers,
Rowland

·
Registered
659 Posts
You know I'm in! I'll be talkin with ya tommorrow.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Keevin, I'm very sorry to hear about this!!! Hope that all can recover soon? Please keep us informed? Good LUCK on total recocery Dave, Nickie and children... Check you e-mail Pink... Ed&Leslie

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Just saw the message. I'm in. Can I contact "Dinner's Ready" directly for a contribution?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just want to express a quick 'Thank You' to all of you who have emailed, stopped by our place, and contributed to this worthy cause. Just in case no one noticed, Dave ran to the airport and had Ace (from Wiconsin) at his house and took him to the hospital and gave him the comfort of his own home during Ace's time of recovery. Also, for any of you who may not know it, both BigD and Ledbetter (Nate) carry the cross on their saddlebags. They are the Emergency Medical Technicians on our big rides. Yup - if you fall down and get hurt, either Nate or bigD will be there with their expertise to keep you from kicking the bucket.
This is a good time - an appropriate time - to make a small contribution - $5 - $20 for a good cause. Let's take care of him 'cause he's watching out for all of us. It's a small price to pay for taking care of our own.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Keevin,
Sent you a PM last night but didn't get any response.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Ran out to Keevins yesterday and killed two birds with one stone. Returned his bike maunal from workin on Rons bike and tossed some funds into the kitty. Dave and Nicky, you two enjoy some down time. Hope this helps to limit some of the burdens of home life a bit. :thumbup: Relax Dave, we've got your back.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Again - many thanks for all the contributions rolling in. At this rate, we should be able to cover their dinners for 3-4, maybe even 5 weeks. Karen is a very frugal shopper and a good cook, so we're planning to make several home-cooked meals. Dave is the one making breakfasts & lunches - LOL! If anyone wants to watch the kids for a few hours or bring a meal over or help clean the house, or anything like that, just drop me an email and we'll get it coordinated. BigD is going to be pulling double duty for a while and it's going to take its toll. He's learning just how difficult it is to be a mom :shock:.

For what it's worth, it feels really good to help a friend in their time of need. So don't miss this opportunity to help one of our own. This is exactly what makes this group so great. We'll get through this and come out on the other end shining - and ready to help the next one in need.
Thank you, everyone and Happy 2009!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hey Keevin,
How can those of us way up north help? Is there a way we can send funds down to y'all? Please, let us know.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hi Chris,

I forwarded the email that was sent to me with Keevin's address on to you.

Keevin,

Thank you for setting this up and doing all the work to make it happen with cooking meals, organizing cleaning and keeping us up to date on things that are needed.

Scott

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and say "Thank-you" for all stepping up to help us in our time of need. It means the world to Nickie and I that we have such great friends surrounding us. ;)

We are heading back over to Yakima on Tuesday for Nickie's first check-up with the neurosurgeon. Hopefully she is going to be able to start some PT. We'll update everyone on what the doc says when we get back home.

Happy New Year, everyone - thanks again for all the support! 8)

Dave~

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Thanks for the update Dave. Let us know if you need anything.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Just had Keevin and Karen stop by last night and drop off the food supplies for dinners this week - WOW!!! :shock: Lot's of good stuff in there!

Wanted to send out a big THANKS to all of you and to Keevin & Karen for taking time out of their schedules to not only prep the food and bring it over but putting all of this together.

Thanks VTX family - we feel your support! ;)

Dave~

1 - 20 of 27 Posts