Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
HUGE, HUGE difference between a VTX and a Street Glide/Ultra/Road Glide and no you won't find any of those touring bikes for the same low price of a cruiser of any kind. Like thinking that you will find a Honda FB6 for the same price of a VTX...not gonna happen. Those tourers have full fairings, full gauges, painted hard bags and so much more. The VTX has a speedometer. Not that the VTX is bad, it was a great bike when it first came out and I loved mine. I always chuckle when people say things like that...."Why I could get 4 VTXs for the price of your Road Glide....." Well, yeah, when the price dropped out the bottom on the VTX and they sold new for $6000-$7000 Honda made sure that this would be a bragging point from then on, except to those of us that paid over MSRP on the VTX in 2001-2002 like me. $14,500 OTD with slip on mufflers from D&D performance in January of 2001. Heck a Street Glide when they first came out were just around $17,000. ;)

True, but many of us spent another few thousand, to add those things and make it the touring bike it was capable of.
I loved my VTX as well. Just moved on to something that was more 2up, adult friendly and pretty much off the shelf. I think if Honda had carried through the VTX 1800 water-cooled concept to a RoadGlide / UltraGlide setup, with self adjusting valves, I would have migrated to that. There is no one bike that is best for everyone. There are very many good bikes out there.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts