Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a "N" fender laying around off the bike or just laying around? I could use a template, from the inside, as to dimensions, bolt holes, stuff that gets in the way of a hitch and what kind of gauge/type of metal I should be looking for for a hidden hitch.

Nobody, it seems, makes a hitch for the "N" anymore and very few actually did when they did make a hitch. I have engineers, CAD, welders and mechanics in the family so it isn't like I don't have accessible skills. My skills are primarily selling, ideas and pissing people off on forums. Actually, some of the family skills did rub off but in a superficial way so I won't blow smoke.

A mono-wheel trailer is what I'm looking at building but need the above template for the hitch.

So . . . anyone in the midst of painting a "N" fender, have one in a box or knows somebody that knows somebody that could make a template? I'm in the start of the best AZ riding season right now and don't want to tear my rear-end apart to template it myself.

I would entertain buying a damaged, but whole enough for measurements fender if none of the above is available/doable.

TIA.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm fabbing a hitch for my "S" this winter.

And, if I keep this bike, I may put an undertaker fender on it.

I'm just going to concern myself with the fender frame distance from the tire.

If it fits the "S" it will fit the "N".

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm fabbing a hitch for my "S" this winter.

And, if I keep this bike, I may put an undertaker fender on it.

I'm just going to concern myself with the fender frame distance from the tire.

If it fits the "S" it will fit the "N".
You sure about a "S" hitch bolting up to "N" fender without major mods? Just trying to wrap my head around this. :smile2:

·
Registered
990 Posts
They are different, but you can make it work.

Some "mods" would be done...nothing major.

Hitch bolts to the inner grab rail, not the fender.:smile2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts