Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 VTX1300C
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going everyone? Just landed a 2009 VTX1300C with 11000KMs with these goodies on it;
  • V&H Big Shots
  • MS Shield
  • NC Criuseliner bags
  • DynoJet
  • K&N
Also, I am 6'9 and so far I am liking the fitment, however will probably look at forward controls/highway pegs at some point. Any other tall guys in the house, lemme know what you do.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2009 VTX1300C
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is pretty clean. I fully expected to have to drain the tank and rebuild the carb, but some fresh gas and some miles later, no issues. It does have one leaky fork seal so those are on the way. Maybe some plugs and an oil change after that and I think we're in business.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Fuel tank

Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Land vehicle

·
Registered
2009 VTX1300C
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yellow "Crime watch" sign.
Rolling hills, nice view.
35mm film strip or something similar (there is a commercial product) that can be
used to dislodge a foreign object in the seal.
It has worked for many.
Are those OEM tires??? Check date code...
Yes, definitely going to try the 'seal mate' trick. But may go with a thicker oil anyway and do em both.
Tires are orig, however getting low anyway so those are likewise on the list also.

·
Registered
2009 VTX1300C
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not the tires 'getting low', as in tread wear. It's as the rubber is exposed to sun & the elements, the rubber gets hard, loses its gripping ability and begins developing micro dry rot. Not a safe situation. Is your personal safety, and others, worth a few hundred bucks for not getting new rubber? Be aware of the world-wide latex shortage, making certain brands and sizes very scarce, and driving up prices. You may have to settle for an off brand to run for awhile until this Biden exacerbated supply line screwup is straightened out.
Couldnt agree more my friend. What tires are you running rn?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts