Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,807 Posts
Yes, definitely going to try the 'seal mate' trick. But may go with a thicker oil anyway and do em both.
Tires are orig, however getting low anyway so those are likewise on the list also.
It's not the tires 'getting low', as in tread wear. It's as the rubber is exposed to sun & the elements, the rubber gets hard, loses its gripping ability and begins developing micro dry rot. Not a safe situation. Is your personal safety, and others, worth a few hundred bucks for not getting new rubber? Be aware of the world-wide latex shortage, making certain brands and sizes very scarce, and driving up prices. You may have to settle for an off brand to run for awhile until this Biden exacerbated supply line screwup is straightened out.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
11,807 Posts
Couldnt agree more my friend. What tires are you running rn?
I have a bias ply Dunlop Elite 4 on the front. Only a couple thousand miles on it since new. Still looks new. I'm darkside on the rear, a General Altimax RT43 radial 205-65-16. I'll never go back to a rear MC tire. Half the cost, 4 or 5 times the mileage. It helps stay upright at a stop, superior braking wet or dry. Soaks up road vibes a little better. No brainer.

Reactions: DrDolittle
1 - 2 of 2 Posts