Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got justice for the car drivers that some of us can't stand.

I was headed south on the Sawgrass Expway this morning. I had to meet Randall Kipker at the office so I could loan him my bike so we could go riding. He was in from Alabama.

So when I was almost to my exit I passed a Trooper who was in the far left lane and I was in the right lane ready for the exit. Traffic was very light on the road and as I exited he crossed all three lanes and got behind me. I went down to the toll booth and paid my toll. He followed. There is a three way stop at the end of the exit ramp. I was stopping and at that exact moment a car came from my left and completely blew the 3 way stop. I had her in my sights so I wasn't in danger but immediately the Tropper lit them up and pulled her over. I guess he decided she was a bigger fish then checking me out to see what piece of paperwork I didn't have done right.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Great to hear there is justice.
My experience the other day was different.
I watched 4 cars blow a red light, the 5th car was Miramar's finest.
He did not light up! :roll:

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
So Hal, How Fast were U really Going :wink: :wink: Oh And, what Bike were U on??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was on the VTX1300C with the 250 rear. I had spotted the Trooper ahead of me so I chugged past him at 70MPH. He was looking for someone to nab.

Ask Randall Kipker how we did heading out to Holiday Park if you want to know about MPH. He was behind me with his wife on my Valkyrie. I was leading and as our ramp merged on US 27 a sport bike was coming down the other ramp. He gave me a little look and hit the throttle but I was anticipating what he would do and had hit my throttle a little quicker.

I wasn't looking at the other bike. Just concerned about keeping it on the road. We hit about 110 and were gone from the sport bike. I slowed down and let the sport bike go by. It was a guy on a Hyabusa. So all I can say is that he must not have felt like really hitting the throttle as I never should have been able to do that. Maybe the 250 rear tire just scared him. LOL.

P.S. Randall was doing good considering his wife was on the back of the Valkyrie.

·
Registered
310 Posts
if you want to talk about a police officer at the "right moment", get this....we were going from Blythe California to Tombstone Arizona, I think we were on interstate 8.

It started out as a pack of 50, well, some of us decided to get to the next stop ahead so that we wouldn't have to be last in line to get gas....

So we split from the pack, and 20 minutes later I realize that we have become 2 by ourselves. So we slow down to about 95 for a while, and several minutes later another two from our group blow by us like we were standing still. So we decided to catch up with them.

So we are doing about 130 on a wide open interstate...no traffic, no tumbleweeds....the only thing there is, is an Arizona State Police Officer on the side of the road.

Now, you ask why was him being there the "right moment"? Well, because the police officer was about 20 feet away from his car...and he stayed about 20 feet away from his car and decided that it was too nice a day to get back into his car and chase down 4 guys doing 130 down the highway.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

disclaimer, riding fast is dangerous and stupid and not reccommended for anyone who doesn't already want to go fast. It can lead to serious injury and/or death. By myself and other riding fast, we do not condone or encourage others to ride fast.

·
Registered
572 Posts
oh ya that's right he said 1300!!!!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Should change their name from Police to OFIRS - Officer for Internal Revenue Service.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I had this happen while at work (driving my FedEx Freight tractor trailer). There was a DOT officer coming off a ramp in his Dodge pickup (Commercial Motor Vehicle Enforcement) and I had a guy pass me in his car and cut me on the inside to get on the highway.

By the time I got up on the highway the CMVE officer had that car pulled over and gave me a big wave as I drove by. :)

roog

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
roogie said:
I had this happen while at work (driving my FedEx Freight tractor trailer). There was a DOT officer coming off a ramp in his Dodge pickup (Commercial Motor Vehicle Enforcement) and I had a guy pass me in his car and cut me on the inside to get on the highway.

By the time I got up on the highway the CMVE officer had that car pulled over and gave me a big wave as I drove by. :)

roog

Hey Roog, can u get me in with FedEx :D :D I do have a Class A :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Hey Kevin
FedEx is advertising for tractor/trailer drivers up here in Montana!! Just have to give up your year round X riding ways and move! :twisted:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey Hal, I'm coming to Florida in June, can I borrow your Valk, too?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hal is a great host, of course we weren't interested in just riding around with the Valk, we / I really wanted to see if he ever stocks any parts....!

Well, we had a great little ride and at high speeds... I topped 95-100 a few times without the wife pinching me to hard.

But I must say, HDL stocks more parts than any business could to survive in this "Just in time delivery" world. I can imagine the taxes and accounting nightmare that causes every year. Business worlds today, though we as consumers hate it, try to minimize their inventory.

HDL carries tons of items, but I know they will not always have the right color or extra piece of chrome someone is looking for, and then that person will be ticked off. But I can assure you guy's with first hand knowledge, HDL stocks more parts and bike extras than any business
I've seen or heard about. And as a web designer, I've seen a few.

RKip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts