Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just became the owner of a 2005 VTX1300 about a month ago. When I apply the brakes, (especially when it's really hot outside) I hear what reminds me of the sound those cicadas make. It's more noticeable from the rear brake but the front one makes a similar sound too. I never noticed it the first couple weeks I had the bike but now it has my attention for sure. Has anyone else experienced this? I've searched for other postings like this one but came up empty. Thanks in advance for your input and advice :dontknow:!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Break Noise

I was hearing the same thing. First on the back, and then on the front. Over the last 2 months it seemed to get worse. I replaced both front and rear brakes two weeks ago, and I still hear the sound, although not as loud. I have plenty of brakes so that is not a concern...at least for me. I suppose I will get used to the sound, but it seems odd and there is surely a reason for it.:doorag:

Ride safe!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maybe the previous owner changed to aftermarket brake pads. I've noticed that when I changed to EBC brakes they make that noise more than the stock pads did. It was the same when I changed them on my Shadow too.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I also noticed that "cicada" sound more with the EBC pads than with the stock. Doesn't seem to be a problem, though. Like cchenf50, probably just the way it hits the drilled rotors.

·
Registered
131 Posts
:agree: EBC are noisey. You can just get used to the noise or replace them with Honda pads. I put the EBC's on and about 2 weeks later I bought Honda pads and put them on, noise gone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts