Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not trying to be cheap. I paid for a map, but my configurarion changed. When I had the map made, I thought I was all done with my mods: DG 3" straights, desmogged, stock box with a K&N, but I just had to have one of those CDS airboxes off of EBay. The bike runs fine, but I'm concerned that I might be a bit lean.

I plan on getting a new map but I'm thinking about going with the DG sideburner soon. The problem is, I'm heading out on a 6K trip in a couple of weeks and don't want to hurt my baby.

So, the question is, should I increment the values of my current map, and if so, by how much?

Since some of my trip will be in the mountains, I'm even more concerned about leaness, my map was made in Daytona.

Feedback appreciated -
Gary in Buford

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just check your plugs. If they look fine then ride. If your going to the moutains, you mix will richen up not get leaner. Less air up there with the same amount of fuel = richer mix.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Map

The best place in Fla to get a custom map is "Stock mild to wild" In Jacksonville. The wrench's name is Kevin. He is, without a doubt, one of the best tuners for the Power Commander.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts