Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY! BORNON FIRE THAT REPLY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A POST, STILL HADN'T QUITE FIGURED OUT HOW TO MOVE ABOUT ON THIS SITE. I AM KEWL WITH ALL THE RAZZING. I WASN'T SPECIFIC ON WHICH SWITCH BUT I WAS REFERRING TO THE KEY SWITCH. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO TURN OFF MY BIKE WITHOUT HAVING TO PUT MY BIKE IN NEUTRAL SO THAT I CAN RELEASE THE CLUTCH HANDLE TO BE ABLE TO REACH DOWN AND TURN OFF THE KEY. I AGREE IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL JUST A MATTER OF CONVENIENCE. EDDIE I AM SURE YOU CUSTOMIZED YOUR BIKE LIKE YOU WANTED SO NOW I AM TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING WITH MY BIKE. THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES, MOST WERE HELPFUL IN HELPING ME TO REACH MY OBJECTIVE. ALSO WANTED TO LET YALL KNOW YOU HAVE SOME AWESOME LOOKING VTX'S! THANKS AGAIN , TJ

·
Registered
142 Posts
IF YOU WANT TO TURN OFF THE BIKE WITHOUT PUTTING IT IN NUETRAL SO YOU DONT HAVE TO HOLD THE CLUTCH
all you have to do is kick out the side stand and lean it over so that the bike rests on said side stand and then release the clutch then reach down and turn off the key

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Why is everybody screaming ???

:-D

Eddie

·
Registered
230 Posts
hey man, use lowercase letters instead of all the caps. I think wherever you want to put the ignition would be cool. I do what one of the other guys on here does, just put the kickstand down and the engine stops, then I set the bike down and pull the keys. It should be too hard to move it to the right hand side like you wanted to, but you just may have to make a bracket or have someone else make a bracket but I don't think you have any aftermarket choices....good luck!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I always do as the others and put the kickstand down to turn off the bike and then turn the key off. I have done that for all of my 10 years of riding.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Man thats one of the loudest post Ive seen. I use the kickstand also to shut mine off when I first got on the forum too many stories of dropping the bike after key off because stand left up, and Im just the dumb azz to do it. :lol:O Pinions vary on this here forum but more information than disinformation. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts