Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black... but only cause the red has "flames on it".

I plan on the following accessories... any coments/suggestions/removals/additions?

VTX C Build 1 Black
Extended Warrnty
Mustang Plain Vintage 3 piece seat
Cobra Sissy Bar
Cobra Luggage Rack
Memphis Shades 21
Memphis Quick Release
Kury Akyn Iso-Grips
Aeromach 6 inch risers
Barons new X handlebars
National Cycle chromed steel highway bars

the list price for all this is just over $15k ...still tax/license/freight etc to go. What do you think I should end up paying? Should I expect credit for the stock parts they keep?

Only think I can think of that I am missing are some additional headlighting....

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
What about an exhaust system? Do the desmog and put in a PC111, HPP or Techlusion.

Personally, I'd save some money on the extended warranty and use it on something else.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Ive never seen a dealer give any credits for stock parts. If they do thats awesome. Otherwise get them. Post them in the classifieds or sell them on ebay and get yourself some more goodies. Personally Id lose the Mustang Plain Vintage 3 piece seat and the
Cobra Sissy Bar and the
Cobra Luggage Rack and the
Memphis Shades 21 and the
Memphis Quick Release and the
Kury Akyn Iso-Grips and the
Aeromach 6 inch risers and the
Barons new X handlebars and the
National Cycle chromed steel highway bars .

But thats just me :twisted: . Enjoy your new bike and like Woot said get some pipes and a Power Commander. :wink:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just trying to be helpful, but that does sound expensive.

If I were spending that kind of dough I'd skip the C, get a spec 2 F, ride it for a while and then decide what I want for options/accessories.

I see they still haven't got a hinged gas cap on the '05's. If you need to get an accessory consider starting there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brewster said:
Does anyone else think that price is high? Doesn't the C list for $10,900 ?
Lists for $12,800 here in Santa Barbara. Another $500 for the extra 4 years of warranty. I don't expect much of a discount on the warranty. I was hoping for about $2k off the total list price.... so total of closer to $13k...

Does anyone think the stock seat on the C is ok? I found a lot of nice things said about the mustang seat... of course, if you pay for something like that you would not want to admit it was a waste of time....

I looked at the F, but am not a fan of the stock wheels and don't see anything else significant to warrant the extra cost over the C...

·
Registered
468 Posts
WorkOnTheWeb said:
Brewster said:
Does anyone else think that price is high? Doesn't the C list for $10,900 ?
Lists for $12,800 here in Santa Barbara. Another $500 for the extra 4 years of warranty. I don't expect much of a discount on the warranty. I was hoping for about $2k off the total list price.... so total of closer to $13k...

Does anyone think the stock seat on the C is ok? I found a lot of nice things said about the mustang seat... of course, if you pay for something like that you would not want to admit it was a waste of time....

I looked at the F, but am not a fan of the stock wheels and don't see anything else significant to warrant the extra cost over the C...
Comprehensive instrumentation, nice pipes, and the fact that there aren't 1,000,000 or so '03 F's out there that sold new last year for $6999 (like there were C, R, & S's) would be important to me for starters.

You can save some money on the warranty by getting it through HDL, the sponsor of this forum. You have 12 months to do it and last year Honda sent out a $100 discount coupon in an issue of Red Rider. You may want to wait to see if that happens again.

I like my C's stock seat. Maybe you're financing and want to roll all the accessories in the deal. I'd still wait and see what you find you want to change.

It's pretty cool that you did your research here and floated your plans. Thanks for asking our opinions! That's all mine is and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
if i were you, i would buy a brand new 03 for $8500 and build it the way you want it. with all the accessories you named off you could have the same bike for around 11 grand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts