Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running 1300C w/ stock pipes. I'm ready for new pipes with some SOUND and perfomance and am wondering what is the best for the money. Right now I am looking at the 3" Hard Krome's or Cobra Speedster Longs- Any suggestions? I need help! :doorag:

·
Registered
1 Posts
HK 3 you wont go wrong

I have the HK 3 with the Res Tec baffles and these pipes are mellow at cruising speed but really bark when you get on the throttle. Harley owners say it is the best sounding Honda they have ever heard.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pysko- those pipes are sick- have you heard them or just seen them?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the HK 3 with the Res Tec baffles and these pipes are mellow at cruising speed but really bark when you get on the throttle. Harley owners say it is the best sounding Honda they have ever heard.
any other upside to the RES TEC other than a little less sound at cruising speed?

R

·
0 Posts
Vance Hines Big Shots

Never had desel pop with mine and thelook and sound great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never had desel pop with mine and thelook and sound great.
did you rejet you carb or is that really needed?

·
Registered
956 Posts
The HK 3's are great sounding pipes :mrgreen:. And yes, they are loud!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have the HK-3s as well. I love them. However, I think the absolute best look and sound for a C model are the bubs. Bigd on the WA board bought some bubs after I installed my HKs and I must admit they sound even better than mine.

Just my opinion, but the longs look really good on R/S but a little too long for a C model.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I have the HK-3s as well. I love them. However, I think the absolute best look and sound for a C model are the bubs. Bigd on the WA board bought some bubs after I installed my HKs and I must admit they sound even better than mine.

Just my opinion, but the longs look really good on R/S but a little too long for a C model.
I would have to agree on the long pipes (any brand) and think the side burner looks best on the C

·
Super Moderator
64,046 Posts
Sound is very subjective. What I may like, you may hate. Now you've spent $500 or more on a system that you can't stand the sound of. I've heard this many times over the years on this board.
"I just purchased an exhaust from recommendations from this board and they sound horrible. What do I do now?"
Best thing to do is find your state board from this list; http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=75
Then find out when & where fellow VTXOA members are getting together and go introduce yourself and have a listen. 8)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sound is very subjective. What I may like, you may hate. Now you've spent $500 or more on a system that you can't stand the sound of. I've heard this many times over the years on this board.
Best thing to do is find your state board from this list
Then find out when & where fellow VTXOA members are getting together and go introduce yourself and have a listen. 8)

I think this is the best advice yet- thanks man.

·
Registered
988 Posts
baffles are for P$ssy's!!
would you spend the money on a 3000 watt stereo system and then never turn it up past 1?

+1 on hk sideburners...ive never heard a bike sound better ( and not just because it's my bike)

no reje needed as long as you keep stock airbox (including filter!)

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
When I was shopping for pipes I visited my dealer for advice. He had half a dozen or so customer bikes waiting for pickup with some of the different pipes and started them up for me one by one, and I looked and listened to each one for a minute or so.

When he started the one with the BuBs I told him he could shut it off after about 10 seconds, and went inside and ordered them. As said, there is no substitute for listening. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts