Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an accelerator pump issues. I had opened up the carb to check what jets I had in because it was running really rich. After putting it back together I am not getting gas out of the accelerator pump when actuated. I think accelerator pump is working but I think i have clogged the outbound passage in the float bowl. What are the chances that an overnight soak in carb cleaner will fix it or am I in a spot where I need a new float bowl?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Check the linkage..
MR VTX CARB 101 has pix

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the linkage..
MR VTX CARB 101 has pix
The linkage is working correctly. With the float bowl off the carb it sucks fuel from bowl and just pushes back into the bowl. With the accelerator removed I can not blow air through that passage.

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
You have two little check valves associated with the AP.
One so air is not drawn in from the spray nozzle and the other closes the fuel intake so the fuel goes to the nozzle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have two little check valves associated with the AP.
One so air is not drawn in from the spray nozzle and the other closes the fuel intake so the fuel goes to the nozzle.
Are they replaceable? Are they in the accelerator cap or in the float bowl?

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Looking at the float bowl you can see the hole to the AP, probably a ball bearing.
The brass looking object is the check valve(O-Ring) to allow fuel to the spray nozzle and prevent
air from entering AP... Diaphragm good??? The spring pushes the diaphragm UP,
twisting the throttle pushes the diaphragm down--a squirt from the nozzle.
https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/mrvtx/VTX Maintenance/DSCN5050.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are they replaceable? Are they in the accelerator cap or in the float bowl?

I have removed many of the pump squirters ,using a pair of pliers. Just hold tight and turn it out. REPLACE IT THE SAME WAY. Once out, use air and carb cleaner to remove clog from hole,or brass piece. and re install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have removed many of the pump squirters ,using a pair of pliers. Just hold tight and turn it out. REPLACE IT THE SAME WAY. Once out, use air and carb cleaner to remove clog from hole,or brass piece. and re install.
The clog I think is in the bowl passage not the squirter passage in the carb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts