1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I have seen some mean dachshunds!!! I guess if you have enough of them ganging up on you, it would be difficult to deal with the group,, especially an older person. I would have "drop-kicked" a few, but I can fully understand how this could happen.

Reactions: Harkon

·
Registered
578 Posts
Several years ago, my sister was fighting Breed Sppecific Legislation (she had pit bulls) in her town and presented several facts about dog bites and one of them was that Dachshunds were ranked well above pits in reported bites. Number one that year, I think.

·
Registered
981 Posts
My Great Uncle had Pomeranian dogs that was as about as fierce as the miniature Schnauzer that I have now. If a strange vehicle pulls up Toby with all of his 10 lbs. will pull patio furniture around to try and get to whoever is in that vehicle. If he were to bite, he probably would bite so rapidly that you would sustain numerous wounds. That being said he hasn't bitten anyone. He does sing to me when I come home from work each day. It's not surprising that a pack of any size dogs can do severe harm to a person. In Dallas, there was a lady mauled to death by a pack of dogs a year or so ago.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
I can attest to their attitude. I had one and he was a great little dog that thought he was 100 pounds. Sweet little dog, but if you tried to physically correct him he would go into psycho mode. You could not hit him had enough to make him back down. If that 7 pound dog was 100 I would have had to shoot it. Little guy lived 17 1/2 years and we sure miss him.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
In my experience, you are far more likely to be bitten by a shih tzu, pomeranian, chihuahua etc than a German Sheherd or Rottweiler etc

The damage can be more severe with the latter but the likelihood is far more likely with the former.

Small dogs are fear biters and often the aggressors with largers dogs as well

But all dogs are better than cats :grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts