Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the recent new LED lighting threads over the past week, I've decided to start looking into doing this as well. I want to put lights INSIDE my hypercharger so the light flutters with the butterflies.

Any suggestions on how to get the wiring IN there and mostly hidden without drilling or compromising the filtration capabilities??

Thanks for your input!

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
I ran the wire through the rain slot at the bottom rear of the Hyper and placed the LED pod on the outer half of the shell of the Hyper so the light will shine/reflect off the butterflies. If you put it on the inner half the light doesn't shine on the flies.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Spike

How many LEDs were in the pod you used? Was the effect as cool as I'm hoping it will be?

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
It was a Kuryakyn Spider light, I think there was 4 or 8 LEDs in the pod. But those old pods did not have the super-bright led lamps that are out there now. The effect was pretty cool, the light was there spilling out of the holes and the butterflies would make the light flash when the light reflected off of the flies

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good, I'll be tackling this as soon as I get a fuse block wired on to the bike!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I ran the wire the same as Spike but used a strip across the top behind the butterflies. It gives a real nice glow w/o showing the LEDs themselves. Of course each time you open the hypercharger you will need to retape the lights.
Lee

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
You never saw the pod when it is on the outer half of the Hyper either. Only the light shining everywhere because the pod is stuck to the outer half and the light facing the engine.

This also allowed you to take the Hyper apart for service and by adding a spade or bullet connection you could unplug that pod and the outer half would come neatly off the engine

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
:agree:

I put two green spider light pods like spike mentioned inside my H/C. same place, on outter shell. Just wanted to add a +1 for his set up as it works well, looks good, and is easy to take apart for service.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
See the " You tube video " on the fire breathing hypercharger:

I did my last hypercharger like this, and will be doing my new X, the same way withen the next month

I used 8 LED"s in a strip behind the butterflies

·
Registered
583 Posts
one of the only reasons I'd get a hypercharger is to put some bright red and orange lights inside of it.

At idle, with the butterfly flapping, there's not much that looks cooler....or hotter, rather.

Take some pics and videos :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did the same thing to my bike,installed 2 spider on the outer shell,ran the wires from rain drain,(at the lower end) zipped them up to the gas tank,blue and red look cool did mine the same way,but remember are illegal colors, atleast in my state(florida)I only use them when parked.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts