Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a mod where I attach a coin to the plastic tank housing. I want to know what would be the best adhesive to use. I was thinking clear silicon caulk may work like the stuff around bath tubs. But wanted to see if there are other good ideas out there.

Thanks in advance.

·
Old Goat
24,760 Posts
You might consider trim tape, never know when you might want to change theme. good luck

·
Registered
529 Posts
I want to do a mod where I attach a coin to the plastic tank housing. I want to know what would be the best adhesive to use. I was thinking clear silicon caulk may work like the stuff around bath tubs. But wanted to see if there are other good ideas out there.

Thanks in advance.
:dontknow: just curious why youd want to do that ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I buy mine at auto zone, but I would think most auto parts stores would have it. It comes in different strengths,widths, length etc.. good luck

Thanks TennX

·
Registered
584 Posts
The heavy duty 3M mounting tape (grey color) is the same stuff as 3M emblem mounting tape, but much cheaper than what it costs at an auto parts store.

That would hold a coin until you want to pry it off.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:dontknow: just curious why youd want to do that ?
Cause I think it will look cool :banghead: but really I bought a Silver Marine Corps challenge coin and I want to use it to cover up the Honda symbol. I will try to upload picks when I am done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts