Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well seems like every day this bike impresses me more and more. I recently discovered you can adjust the rear shocks. My question is how do you adjust them and what are you adjust? Ride height or ride quality???

Thanks for the help guys and gals.

·
Super Moderator
64,339 Posts
You adjust the preload of the shocks or ride quality kinda. Take the spanner wrench from the tool kit and put it in your pocket. Start at 1 and ride for a while, then stop and go up to 2, and ride some more. Keep this up until the ride gets harsh or stiff and then go down one for the most comfy for you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its set at 2 right now. Its a comfy ride other than the hard stock seat. Im a big boy..240lbs 6ft....why they put such a hard seat on them???

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed a Ultimate Big Boy Seat. I rode it tonight for the first time with it on. I a over 300# and I'll tell you there is a BIG difference in the ride compared to the stock seat. Best money spent on my bike. I really don't want to get off it and shake off the pain in my butt and legs. I can't wait for a day off and go for a lenghthy ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts